Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E300d
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took off two of the rims and both back rims are 41et. If I purchase new rims will 37et work without having to get the new lugs. The car is a 1997 e300 diesel. Thanks for any help. Chris.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
NCJETSKIER said:
I just took off two of the rims and both back rims are 41et. If I purchase new rims will 37et work without having to get the new lugs. The car is a 1997 e300 diesel. Thanks for any help. Chris.
Hi, Chris.

You're fine, those will add 1/4" clearance on the inside (assuming same width rim), no big deal.

That said, I'm surprised you have 41s on there; have you owned the car since new? I wonder if someone put other wheels on it at some point. When you hit the front, see if there are spacers on there.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
It depends on the width of the rim as well but a 7 or a 7.5 inch rim with an ET of 37 should fit fine.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,430 Posts
Agreed, they should be fine.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,105 Posts
NCJETSKIER said:
Offset has nothing to do with which lug bolts are required.

This is function of thickness of the metal at the lug bolt hole.

·
Registered
1997 E300d
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. Actually according to Carfax I am the 7th owner of the car. Although Carfax did not state any insurance claims, my guess is that the car got hit on the driver side door at some point in time. I have owned the car for about a year (20,000 miles) and I am very happy with the car. The current rims are in rough shape (bad case of curb rash from a previous owner) and the paint is peeling off. I would like to say OEM, but not sure what type looks the best. Any sugestions????? Chris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts