Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260E
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've found an auction for a Brand new set of AMG 19" Rims very cheap and want to know if they will fit my 91' 260E.

I understand I might have to modify the front bumper so they don't scrape? Or is that only if the car is lowered as well?

Either way I need to know soon as the auction ends in less than 2 days. Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
Mercedes E200 black. Mercedes 300ce - sold.
761 Posts
my ce is probably one of the lowest you will see and i was assured that 18s would go on. i can ask the people who told me id be ok.

is your car lowered? do you know the rims sizes? offset and width etc?
cheers
Ben

·
Registered
2001 CL500
1,707 Posts
They look kind of big like.... the ones off an AMG ML55 make sure they fit. I have 17" staggered Monoblocks and I had to tap all of the fenders with ball peen hammer from the inside out so they won't rub.... and watch the tires, if you get the tires too wide it won't make a difference fenders rolled or not...they will rub 225/45/17 up front and 245/40/17 in the rear. When you get them and I hope you do, it will transform your baby into something special. And my '87 is lowered too. It looks so good from the rear and the sides...like a Teutonic Sled! I should have done this years ago! I'm hooked on MB.Good luck with the bid!

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes 300E
467 Posts
they will not fit, even with a 25 series profile tire, unless major modification work there is no chance, with mods anything is possible, and if you plan to lower the car, they definatly wont fit so dont waste your money if your going to lower the car in the future. fyi. 19s on a w124 dont look good, only certain cars can pull off large rims and look good doing it, the w124 is not one of them.

·
Registered
260E
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pyro_la said:
they will not fit, even with a 25 series profile tire, unless major modification work there is no chance, with mods anything is possible, and if you plan to lower the car, they definatly wont fit so dont waste your money if your going to lower the car in the future. fyi. 19s on a w124 dont look good, only certain cars can pull off large rims and look good doing it, the w124 is not one of them.
thanks guys.. i know 19's can fit as my friend has them done but he has done body work to his car..

I'm still wanting 18" monoblocks that's all i want..

Thanks again as at least I now know..

I agree the W124 isn't suited to 19"s... however I don't think this looks too bad.

http://www.carshine.com.au/Pictures/Mercedes/Mercedes%20-%20E%20Klasse%20W124%20Accessories%20-%20Front%20Right%20(front%20CE).jpg

·
Registered
2001 CL500
1,707 Posts
HOLY [email protected]#$ THAT IS HOT!!!! 19"s on your man's car are SMOKIN! The ride is sweet even without the rims. I guess they do work, with the right mods to the fenders and rear 1/4's. How does it ride?

·
Registered
91 black 300E (from college days), 01 Vette, 01 Porsche 911, 08 Porsche 911, Lincoln Navigator
442 Posts
Sean300 said:
I have 17" staggered Monoblocks and I had to tap all of the fenders with ball peen hammer from the inside out so they won't rub.... and watch the tires, if you get the tires too wide it won't make a difference fenders rolled or not...they will rub 225/45/17 up front and 245/40/17 in the rear.
I saw a 500E fitted with 245 front and a whopping 275 in the rear. Some say it's the 500E's wide flared fenders that make it possible, but the rear fender on 500E is not that wide. Where did you get the fender hammer job? Can you get me a referral? I'm in Southern Cal. Oh, what is "staggered" monoblocks? I'm planning on getting the Monoblock Aero II.

·
Registered
91 black 300E (from college days), 01 Vette, 01 Porsche 911, 08 Porsche 911, Lincoln Navigator
442 Posts
mia said:
conleycrew3 what tire size are you running on those 17"s?
yeah, conleycrew3, tell us the size of your tires. That CE is pretty low and looking bad. ARe those race springs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts