Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 2002-2005 ML 3rd row seats fit in my 2001 ML55? I've seen one guy just add a 6th seat next to the spare tire casing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes, and you need the support bracket (installed on that passenger side in the wheelwell hump for this to work.
imo, not alot of space to make it useful as you've got that big honking space saver compartment on the opposite-side.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes, and you need the support bracket (installed on that passenger side in the wheelwell hump for this to work.
imo, not alot of space to make it useful as you've got that big honking space saver compartment on the opposite-side.
True to that plus there is just about zero leg room. As long as the wheel well hump has two pop out trim panels he should be good to go.

·
Registered
299 Posts
not sure about the ML 55, but my daughter and I found a set of perfect jump seats for her 05 ML350. i assume that the rear except for the area where the spare tire carrier is located should be the same. her issue involved using a dremel tool to exactly modify the rear panels to install the seat on the driver side. her job (she did it alone) looks perfect, and the seats were $38 for the pair. required total loosening but not really 'removal' of both side panels. she has the seat belts working perfectly too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Will 2002-2005 ML 3rd row seats fit in my 2001 ML55? I've seen one guy just add a 6th seat next to the spare tire casing.
Jack

Another thought if you want to move forward with this is to get a swing away rear hatch/bumper tire carrier. You need to check your rear struts, the center of gravity changes, and the struts are different for such a set up. Then do the rear seats, If you have the panel plugs I posted you should have the bolting provisions. If the 3rd row seats were only 2002-2005 you may not.

I have only seen one ML with said seats, we previewed it at auction. I am 6'1" and made no attempt at getting into them! The rear carrier is hard to find, but some said some dealers still have some stock.

See:

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you plan on installing two seats, you'll have to remove the interior spare tire carrier on the left side as well as all the hardware for it, and one of the metal pieces is very hard to remove (I've tried). Have you considered just installing one on the right, passenger side? I'm seeing the third row seats quite a bit at Pick-n-Pulls. You just need to make sure you grab all the hardware, including the vertical D pillar trim in back that has a slot for the seat belt, which you also need. As an aside, I've got the third row seats installed in my ML and we NEVER use them. Even with second row moved up, there's barely any leg room, and even little kids don't like sitting back there. I think there's more value in keeping your ML55 stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the replys!! The only reason I'm considering adding is because I'm having a 3rd child next month. My newborn has to sit in the middle, wife on 1 side...18 month daughter on the other. My 3.5 year old son will be in a carseat in the 3rd row. I'm only going to add the 6th seat, not the 7th. My ML actually came with the panel pictured with the 2 removable cutouts, as well as the D pillar trim with the seat belt slot. It's just the matter of installing. I have the seats and hardware...had difficulty locating everything needed...ended up paying $300 for the perfect seat, bracket, seat belt, hardware, and the 2 trim pieces I didnt need. You got a good deal rvschulz. $38 for the pair? Nice

·
Registered
404 Posts
ended up paying $300 for the perfect seat, bracket, seat belt, hardware, and the 2 trim pieces I didnt need. You got a good deal rvschulz. $38 for the pair? Nice
Sorry you had to pay so much here it would run about 75.00 for all the above, the yard charges 47.00 per seat no matter which seat or make, the rest well depends who is at the counter that day.

Wish you well with the expanding family an Ml is one of the safest cars on the road.

Oh: add your location, as well as vehicle to your signature. and welcome.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks all for the replys!! The only reason I'm considering adding is because I'm having a 3rd child next month. My newborn has to sit in the middle, wife on 1 side...18 month daughter on the other. My 3.5 year old son will be in a carseat in the 3rd row. I'm only going to add the 6th seat, not the 7th. My ML actually came with the panel pictured with the 2 removable cutouts, as well as the D pillar trim with the seat belt slot. It's just the matter of installing. I have the seats and hardware...had difficulty locating everything needed...ended up paying $300 for the perfect seat, bracket, seat belt, hardware, and the 2 trim pieces I didnt need. You got a good deal rvschulz. $38 for the pair? Nice
Let me know if you need anything else for it. I’m always at the picknpulls and would do cost plus shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me know if you need anything else for it. I’m always at the picknpulls and would do cost plus shipping.
I was going to buy the third jump seat set off my friend but he ended up selling the whole car for parts and just gave me my money back. If you see a black passenger third row jump seat with all the hardware and seatbelts, let me know. I really just want the passenger side, not the driver side. But I was going to buy the whole set off him and just try to sell the driver side. Let me know

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry you had to pay so much here it would run about 75.00 for all the above, the yard charges 47.00 per seat no matter which seat or make, the rest well depends who is at the counter that day.

Wish you well with the expanding family an Ml is one of the safest cars on the road.

Oh: add your location, as well as vehicle to your signature. and welcome.
How do you do the signature? I used to be a member on here with an email that I have that no longer exist. And I've had a lot of Mercedes. But the form has changed since I have been on here last since last time

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How do you do the signature? I used to be a member on here with an email that I have that no longer exist. And I've had a lot of Mercedes. But the form has changed since I have been on here last since last time
Go into your profile......account settings......signature :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts