Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I bought Yok's avid t4 for my wife's 'stang and she hates them. Can I fit 205/65/15s on my original rims for 1985 190D (original tire 185/65/15)? of course, that would mean that I'd carry staggered tires (195/60/15 yok's up front). How would this affect the stability?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: using your 205-65-15 tires on the rear of your car will create considrable over steer (bad idea)

thanx Luke, appreciate it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: using your 205-65-15 tires on the rear of your car will create considrable over steer (bad idea)

however, I wonder how putting larger tires in the rear would create oversteer? the front tires are still standard size. I guess I don't understand the physics behind it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oh,wait. Camber of the rear wheels, right???

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the reason

The front tire (185/61-15) is 24.5' tall with a side wall height of 4.75'<br> <br> The rear tire (205/65-15) is 25.5' tall with a side wall height of 5.25'<br> <br> The rear tire sidewall will deflect or flex more than the front tire causing the tire to roll onto the sidewall alot faster than the front. The front tire with less flex will react to steering input much faster than the rear which will exagerate this condition, thus creating oversteer.<br> <br> Luke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts