Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my alternator and my battery died. At first I thought it was the battery, changed it. When I turned the car on my front passenger door speaker made a hissing sound and then went back to normal after 2 minutes. I had my alternator changed and the car runs fine now. The only issue I am having is that the speaker keeps hissing for 2 minutes. Also now I have a spare battery in the garage now. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this electrical GREMLIN??? I am contemplating on throwing a match at her, LOL, J/K

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not put a radio code in. Everything works fine all my stations were saved, I have a command unit. I just hear a hissing sound from my front passenger speaker for 2 minutes then it goes away. If I turn the volume up I cant hear it.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,719 Posts
hissing sound inside the door can be leaky vacuum door lock. Put your ear at the rear seat and listen if the pump noise is timed with the hissing noise.

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've traced the noise to the speaker. Also noticed my lumbar air bladders on seats work every now and then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts