Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning ahead, has anyone already replaced the original 205\55\16 tires with 225\50\16 tires on the front and back of the C's stock 7" rims [?]

We already have mud flaps so that is not an issue. It seems like a good option. I noticed on the new SLKs, the 225s are only on the rear with 205s still on the front (and I couldn't tell if MB went to 7.5" rims for the 225s).

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Yes I think you can...

Planning ahead, has anyone already replaced the original 205\55\16 tires with 225\50\16 tires on the front and back of the C's stock 7" rims [?]
Since the tires are only 25 mm wider than the stocks, you should not have a problem. The sidewalls will buldge out ever so slightly more, but I don't think that this will be noticable.

The only thing to note is that you will pretty much have to go with more expensive performance tires, and not all-seasons. For example, the Michelin Pilot Sports, Pilot A/S's, etc. Both great tires, by the way.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Absolutely. The factory did it with the 2001 "Sport" package.

The factory used 225/50 16 tires on the C Class "Sport" package in 2001. The wheels on the "Sport" package were the exact same size as the "standard" C Class wheel.

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed that, but I wasn't sure about the offset used

and whether the offset and 7.5" instead of 7" rims might be required to avoid rubbing in a tight turn. The wheel diameter is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would not go with the Piolts I have them on my accord but i dont think they are agress...

I would not go with the Piolts I have them on my accord but i dont think they are agressive enough i think you should go with Bridgestone potenzas or pereli p-zeros.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts