Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 mecedes c43
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planing to try 245/35/19 on ther front and 275/30/19 on the rear of a c43 did anyone try that or might know what will happen if i do that any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
i am planing to try 245/35/19 on ther front and 275/30/19 on the rear of a c43 did anyone try that or might know what will happen if i do that any help would be great thanks.
First of all, you will need a low enough offset on the front wheels to get the tire to not hit the upper ball joint stud and nut. Or, run a spacer, because it will probably be hard to find a set of rims that aren't custom made that have a 30 offset in front and like a 35-40 offset in back. Unless the rims are made in dual fitments, that combination of offsets is just weird.

Then, running a 30 offset in front, you'll find that the tire/wheel kinda sticks out. But, if you like that look, more power to you.

Finally, those tires are bigger around than stock, so you'll find it rubs. If you use a round-shouldered tire, you'll have a better chance of it not rubbing. But it won't rub at the tops of the well arches. It will rub in the front and back, where the bumpers meet the fender metal, and where the sheet metal isn't rolled near the doors. You can use a box cutter on the plastic bumpers to shave some out; if you're good with a fender roller (it's tough to do the SIDES of the arches), you can bend those parts in.

Good lucK! It really isn't worth it to get 245 on front. With an 18" rim, you can go wider in back.

-s-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts