Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
yeah, its been on several times for a year price is going up though. I got some more pics from him ages ago but he wouldnt cough up the vin, im pretty sure its a NZ new AMG of which there are only a few in the country - 1st gen though, not my cup of tea really.

·
Registered
280GE 320TE 280SE 3.5 ML500
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=96466795

Looks like they are all coimg out of the wood-work ha ha ha.

If that first one is the same one that I had a race against back in 1989 then it's reallty fast. I had a 289 '66 Mustang that was rather quick. It could pull 7500rpm :)
I had the speedo wound right off the dial sitting in behind him - then he floored it and left me standing!

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
He wants $24,000NZD for it and the starting bid is 2,200??, had a talk he knows his stuff, he just put it up because the wife wants it gone and he doesnt want it sold hence the language - LHD as well and its got rust exactly where my sec had it from a leaky rear screen. Ive already got 2, not going there again major PITA for registering and thats for a 20year old car this one is only 16.

·
Registered
Black 560 SEC AMG, White 560 SEC Carat (RIP 09) , 300E
1,296 Posts
so lander91 how's the restoration going? I've got a leaky screen too and i'm interested to know how u fixed the rust...

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
picklesam said:
so lander91 how's the restoration going? I've got a leaky screen too and i'm interested to know how u fixed the rust...
take the screen out and cut the rust out and fab pieces in, no other way around it, just pray that it hasnt eaten into the beam going across under the window - if so then that has to be cut out and another welded in.

·
Always Remembered. RIP.
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
That cars been for sale for ages
30k for that g1 widebody SEC...forget it
For us here in NZ, it's probably cheaper to fly to Japan and pick up a 6.0 W/B SEC at auction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts