Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Love those guys. Is Allison still there?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Alison is still handling the business end of things. Albrecht just repaired the bumper on my '82 300td -- three of the four flanges for the mounts were corroded/broken off and he improvised a very clever substitute with carriage bolts that is completely invisible. He even installed some rubber bushings between the bolts and the bumper body to prevent galvanic corrosion. Mercedes should have done it his way.

A few years back he got the Zenith carbs on our 250/8 in tune. How often do you find a mechanic who's willing to tackle multiple carburetors? Most of them are in the ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I was going to say Dunn's in Middleton, but I live in Brooklyn, and I didnt know I had someone less than a mile away from me. How cool is that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Mando,

I have never actually taken in my Benz to Dunn's. But, they have worked on several other cars of mine (Audi, Jaguar, Lexus). I would not hesitate recommending them. Jeff and his crew are fair, honest and very knowledgeable!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanted to leave some feedback.. Took my car into Dunn's Imports and they were AWESOME!! The replaced the coils that needed to be, but the coolest thing is that instead of replacing the $300+ manifold part, they took it out, cleaned it and it works like charm... saved me $$! I HIGHLY recommend these guys... !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts