Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The center/passenger side a/c vent blows cold air and the passenger outside vent does a little. When I set the thermostat on the same temperature for the drivers side it blows hot/regular air.

I have a 96' E 300 D.

Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most likely one of the duovalve actutators is sticking not shutting off the flow of hot water through the driver side heaterelement.

It's located on the right side of the engine bay in front of the electronicsbox, try knocking on them and it might loosen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 98 E320 is currently in the shop for the same problem. With the A/C on, the passenger vent and the right side vent of the center register blow cold air. The driver's side vent and left vent of the center register blow ambient air.

The problem appears to be a flap that regulates the mixing of ambient air & air conditioned air. The climate control modulates the temperature in the two zones by adjusting this mix.

I believe it's normal for the center vents to blow more air than the outer vents when the A/C is on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you,

I will get out my "minor adjustment tool" hammer, just kidding, and see if I can either lubricate it or loosen it up.

I will let you know what works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you feel lucky...(I did) you can take the cover off and clean and lube the small "pistons" inside.

Fixed my problem right up for zero money.

·
Registered
Chevy Suburban
57 Posts
Per Eriksson - 4/5/2005 2:50 AM

If you feel lucky...(I did) you can take the cover off and clean and lube the small "pistons" inside.

Fixed my problem right up for zero money.
Very encouraging! [:p]
Please tell me where/what cover and pistons are we talking about here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
E220T cdi
28 Posts
As far as I know the center vents always blows cold air at least it does in my car (E220 cdi -99), but my car also jerks around and sometimes blows warm air but that is only done in either the right or left sidevents.

The problem is located to the duovalves as previous post says, but I haven't tried to lubricate it yet!

In your case I doubt it is the duovalves but it's easy to check so why not. If you doesn't want to lubricate just clamp both water lines instead.

If you would like to check out temp and pressure sensors and other stuff to try and examine the AC system, check the link below:

http://www.continentalimports.com/ser_ic40142.html

Morgan

·
Registered
22 Posts
the valves are located in the engine bay on the right side near the strut tower.
Item 68 on the picture.

There are a couple of torx screws that hold the metal cover on, remove that and you'll see what to do. lube with vaseline if you have any, it's water resistant.

Attachments

·
Registered
E220T cdi
28 Posts
I didn't read your post well enough your center vents blows cold, so go for the duovalve.

Morgan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the duovalve and lubricated even though it did not seem frozen. I even tapped it when the air was on. I think it might be the climate control unit as there is a ding in the front of the unit and I am also having a weird display problem when the running lights are on.

I will let everyone know when I take it in on Wednesday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts