Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ML 500 2006
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 ML500 was due to come in on April 10th but there has been a delay I've been told at the factory and they have stopped shipping them. Does anyone know why? My dealer has tried to find out from Mercedes but isn't given any info and I called Mercedes myself and they said to call my dealer they didn't have any info to give me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lindsay

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
The last I checked (two weeks back), they were having a problem with some small parts of the ML500 engine not being readily available due to complications arising from the supply side of these pieces.

In other words, the supplier came up short on some of these engine pieces. Don't worry though, you'll get your ML500.

My dealer also said that inadequate supply was also the same reason MB isn't able to offer the offroad suspension package (different than the on-road air suspension package currently available) for the first few year of these new models.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello Enigmargurl.

I have a ML350 on order for production 10. of mars and delivery 15. of april. This is not produced yet!! so I bought another ML350 close to my specifications while I wait (I think) of my specified ML350. Instead of my ML350 I was offered a ML500, but I did not like the specs of this so therefore a ML350.

Anyway, what I think is the problem is the logisticis. I think they can not match the different options to the a spesific ML, and my dealer told me that NON of the cutomer specific ordered ML has arrived yet. They are reciveing, however the ML in both 350 and 500.

Another roumer is that the Euopean launch of the ML is delayed 2 months, and that make sence if MB are 2 months behind production and delivery of customer specific ML's in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts