Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300SE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See a lot of 2006 CLS 500 with LOW (< 5,000) miles being offered for sale in the U.S. via Cars.com, eBay Motors, etc. with prices at $65,000 and below. What gives? Are these cars troublesome? Are owners dissatisfied with the cars after driving them a few months?

·
Registered
46 Posts
JayJ320 said:
See a lot of 2006 CLS 500 with LOW (< 5,000) miles being offered for sale in the U.S. via Cars.com, eBay Motors, etc. with prices at $65,000 and below. What gives? Are these cars troublesome? Are owners dissatisfied with the cars after driving them a few months?
It is all just business practice, most of those are dealer demos or corporate cars. 5 percent is from owners that want the latest and trade in for another.

Those cars were in service in the early part of 2005 like March and June of 2005. The miles are ranging from 5k to 12k. Basically, if you do not let the CLS go, it will depreciate like crazy when the new book value comes out and thus they need to sell them now before they they take a hit and get stuck with the vehicle from a business stand point. The all do that as a rule of thumb. Plus the new CLS550 is out as well with better brakes.

I bought one and the savings are huge (16K back of MSRP on my CLS) and I checked with my connections at the dealer before I bought the car and they see no issues recorded except for a sticky window switch.

hope that helps you out

:)

gino

·
Registered
1 Posts
gbmotorsport said:
It is all just business practice, most of those are dealer demos or corporate cars. 5 percent is from owners that want the latest and trade in for another.

Those cars were in service in the early part of 2005 like March and June of 2005. The miles are ranging from 5k to 12k. Basically, if you do not let the CLS go, it will depreciate like crazy when the new book value comes out and thus they need to sell them now before they they take a hit and get stuck with the vehicle from a business stand point. The all do that as a rule of thumb. Plus the new CLS550 is out as well with better brakes.

I bought one and the savings are huge (16K back of MSRP on my CLS) and I checked with my connections at the dealer before I bought the car and they see no issues recorded except for a sticky window switch.

hope that helps you out

:)

gino
Hi

This is my first post on this forum. My current ride is a 2006 BMW 525i. Although its a wonderful car, I have fallen in love with the MB CLS. How and where can I get a 16k discount? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
juventus said:
Hi

This is my first post on this forum. My current ride is a 2006 BMW 525i. Although its a wonderful car, I have fallen in love with the MB CLS. How and where can I get a 16k discount? Thanks
My wife drives a 530xi wagon and I love that car. I came from an M3 E46 ragtop with Hamman mods front to back and when I saw the CLS I had to sell 3 vehicles to get it and my wifes 5 series wagon (4.4 X5, E46 and E320).

You can avail of the discounts on 2006's that have at least 10k miles. I bought mine at $59k with 10,200 mi thru MBZ dealer Smythe European in San Jose CA. They have a website you can browse.

Sebastian is the GSM and can make it happen. I do not know if you are local but they may have another instock and always get good cars only.

best regards

gino

1 - 4 of 4 Posts