Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
E320 cdi w211
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crybaby2:
I wonder,why they dont build replacment?
SLS is retro,i dont like retro.
SLS is nice car,but for me SLR is much better.
SLS isnt same class,it is double cheaper.
SLR is a dream supersport car,and very fast too.
One of the best looking.
It will be shame if SLR would stay without replacment. :confused:
What you people think about that?

·
Registered
1995 s500, 2004 s500, 1991 190e
880 Posts
I agree, i loved the slr, i dont think they will build another one for a while though. The slr was built in cooperation with mclaren, but the sls is built entirely by amg. If you really think about it the sls has more features, lower pricetag, and it is about the same speed at mid 3s 0-60 and top speeds at close to 200, i still like the slr better but the sls is a great car to replace the slr. Who knows what mercedes will do in the future though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is good new for current SLR owners. Just makes your car worth more.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Mercedes & Mclaren are on bad terms do to racing. Thats why they dont build the SLR anymore.
Thanks for info BenzTek. I'll do a search because I'd like to know more about this. What is your understanding of the problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont know the full story but I do know that there were a couple issues on why they stopped production of the SLR. One being that Mclaren & Mercedes had some issue together on the F1 circuit. Also Mercedes likes to have full control of their product, like any company would like. Thats why Mercedes now owns AMG. Also Mclaren wanted to start building a line of their own production cars. Which now they do :)

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
OK, thanks. So what I'm concluding from your answer is that Mercedes tried to bully McLaren and they bolted.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I dont know the full story but I do know that there were a couple issues on why they stopped production of the SLR. One being that Mclaren & Mercedes had some issue together on the F1 circuit. Also Mercedes likes to have full control of their product, like any company would like. Thats why Mercedes now owns AMG. Also Mclaren wanted to start building a line of their own production cars. Which now they do :)
Such a shane as the SLR was a really great car, Mclaren perfomance with MBZ reliability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts