Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have two reasons..

When i first got the car i was rear ended. The guy ried to run away, after catching him and making him pull over i found that my car had no damage and his bumper was cracked and chipped big time. That was justice enough for me.

A couple of days ago i was driving on the freeway on my way home. I was doing aproximately 100km/h in the middle lane of a three lane highway. I was going just slightly faster than the slow lane in about medium amount of traffic. i was definitely not blocking up the fast lane as i hate people who do that. All of a sudden i look in my rear view mirror to see two headlights approaching me very very quickly. i also notice this guy is not slowing down. I then gun it (which is not saying much in a 300D non turbo) and by the time the guy is right behind me i must be doing 110. he still has barely slowed down. he must have just slammed the brakes hard enough to just hit me going a little bit faster than me. I was pissed. I tried slowing him down to make him pull over but he would not pull over and he kept slowing down even more. i did not want to create a pile up on the freeway (dark,raining, and a fair amount of traffic). so i was still going about 60. he thencut a couple cars off and took off an off ramp. i was to far to be able to get him by this point. i promptly exited the freeway to assess damage and see if my tailights were working. well there was only a tiny scratch on the rubber and my tailights were working. I am sure lots of people saw this and some followed him so i assume he was caught. Dummy...

the end

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would have gotten his tag numbers then called it in as a hit and run....let the authorities take care of it then and let him try to explain it away. I've done that before...yeah, not as satisfying as chasing him down but will get you in less trouble than if a cop happened to see you trying. Or if that guy ended up being a deranged nutcase with a gun.

Edit: Just noiced you are Canadian...so not sure how that works up your way.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
I just thought about using the NA bumpers too. Euro ones looks nice but it doesn't help when you get into a bump... I'll go for the safer ride this time... Glad there wasn't any real damage on your car....

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah there is rising gun crime rates here in Canada, but most of that is due to super lax gun laws in your country

however i couldnt get his license plate number because it was dark and he was behind me

i really wish i could have!!!!

·
Registered
83 300 d t
699 Posts
in us you go to jail for hit and run and court makes the one who hit you pay resitution . i dont know what the law is there.

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most likely if i were able to catch him he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. Canadian justice is too silly.

·
Registered
83 300 d t
699 Posts
weoner said:
most likely if i were able to catch him he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. Canadian justice is too silly.
well at least there is less crime there you should feel safer than us

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,701 Posts
be happy to have the NA ones mainly because i lost a car RIGHT after putting the euro coupe bumpers on mine.

were they only on coupes though coz i got them off a french 4 door 280e 1977 and they looked stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts