Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Why does my 320 eat gas so much?

2259 Views 9 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  HapaHaole
G
It seems that I have to put gas every two days. I don't drive the car that hard and work is so close to me 'bout 7 miles. Is something wrong with my car ? I'm almost becoming "Customer of the month" at my local gas station.<p>Mel
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Question

How many miles does it take for you to refill your car? I dont think that 7 miles one way to work X2 that is 28 miles to fill up. So caculate how many gallons and how many miles on the last trip to the gas station and go from there.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question

Well I go to the Sports club after work to exercise and workout. That's about another 5 miles. On occasion, I go to the mall. All in all an average of 40-50 miles every two days.<br>Isn't this weird ? Truthfully, I don't go anywhere really far to make it eat this much gas.<p>I think somethings wrong. Please help<p>Melanie<br>: How many miles does it take for you to refill your car? I dont think that 7 miles one way to work X2 that is 28 miles to fill up. So caculate how many gallons and how many miles on the last trip to the gas station and go from there.<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not normal. Have your dealer check it out.

: It seems that I have to put gas every two days. I don't drive the car that hard and work is so close to me 'bout 7 miles. Is something wrong with my car ? I'm almost becoming "Customer of the month" at my local gas station.<p>Mel<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok lets do this.

so if you go 50 miles every 2 days how many gallons do you have to put in the car? <p>Now their might be a possibilty that the Sensor might be bad if you are only filling up 3 or 4 gallons per visit. If you are filling up 4+ gallons I would take it to the dealer and make them check the fuel pump or fuel settings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: With a lot of city driving I get about 200 - 250miles on a tank averaging 15-18 mpg with some hi

: It seems that I have to put gas every two days. I don't drive the car that hard and work is so close to me 'bout 7 miles. Is something wrong with my car ? I'm almost becoming "Customer of the month" at my local gas station.<p>Mel<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Ok lets do this.

Hapa,<p>3-4 gallons sounds about right. Do you think I should bring it to the dealer ?<p>Melanie<p>: so if you go 50 miles every 2 days how many gallons do you have to put in the car? <p>Now their might be a possibilty that the Sensor might be bad if you are only filling up 3 or 4 gallons per visit. If you are filling up 4+ gallons I would take it to the dealer and make them check the fuel pump or fuel settings.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: With a lot of city driving I get about 200 - 250miles on a tank averaging 15-18 mpg with some hi

Ron,<p>That's pretty good. Do you think it's the sensor like<br>Hapa said below ? I want to have all the advice I can<br>get before bringing it to the dealer.<p>Thanks<p>Melanie<p>: : It seems that I have to put gas every two days. I don't drive the car that hard and work is so close to me 'bout 7 miles. Is something wrong with my car ? I'm almost becoming "Customer of the month" at my local gas station.<p>Mel<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Sensor problem (more...)

Melanie, a number of people had reported fuel gage problems over the last couple of months on Mr. Vanos board. The gage would show the tank to be empty or full while neither was the case. The problem is known with the dealers. The sensor needs to be replaced. <p>If I recall correctly some of the defective sensors could not handle the fumes. I'm not sure though. Your dealer should be aware of the problem. I believe E class MBs had a similar problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.