Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A quick question for you guys to save me a trip to the dealer. My W209 CLK500 which I got a few days ago, refuses to remember the audio volume on the radio when I switch it off.

Instead everytime I turn the radio on, the volume is quite high and I have to turn it down.

Am I missing something in the instructions in the manual, or is it something that I have to go to the dealer to be fixed?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2008 CLK280 and 2010 E350 Coupe
16 Posts
I found that with my wifes 2008 CLK280, the volume with go straight to a preset level if it was too low when it was turned off. But if it was turned off with the volume already at or above the preset, it will turn on at what it was when turned off.

eg: if VOL was 3 when turning it off, it will trun back on to say 5. If it was at 5 or 6 when turning it it off, it will go back to that same level.
My E350 Coupe always comes on at the level it was when it was turned off.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
This issue has been discussed at least at the W204 forum too. Looks like similar cars with the same head unit may behave differently. I cannot remember any resolution but in my opinion anything else is a fault except if the head unit remembers the previously set audio level, at least I cannot remember any functional descriptions stating otherwise (but I've never looked at CLK-documents either).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately the unit's behaviour is not what martymonster you're describing for your cars, in that the volume is always too loud when I switch the radio back on irrespective of what I do when I turn the radio or engine off.

As DiezelBenz is suggesting, there must be problem somewhere. The independent garage from whom I bought the car professes ignorance on the matter and I have found nothing that suggests that I can make a manual adjustment.

Reluctanntly I have booked the car with an MB dealer to have a look and I say reluctanctly since this will not be a free inspection :crybaby2:

Thanks again for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts