Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called an industrial supply place this a.m. looking for oil regulation devices. A woman answers the phone, I ask for parts and sales counter. She snippily replies, 'That would be ME'. I describe to her what I want over the phone. Now she's lost, has no idea what I want. I mention the manufacturers name, Bijur, and the related part numbers of the orifices I'm looking for. She has no clue but tries to recover from her lapse of stupidity/ignorance by offering to look at the Birmingham warehouse and call back, when she's actually going to hang up and ask a man, who knows what he's doing, what to look for. When she calls back, she quotes a price nearly double what the next highest is. If this company hopes to stay in business, they had better put her back to making coffee because she sucks at industrial customer service. It is okay if she sucks at some occupations, though.

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Is that the same place you ordered my Automatic Registration spray and the paper stretcher from? BTW I still haven't received them yet.

Also about 20 years ago I called the local supplier and a new sales lady answered and I ordered the Registration Spray and the Paper Stretcher, the at the end of the day she called back and said that she had called all over the U.S. to her suppliers and couln't find them. I can't believe no one told her that there was no such thing.

·
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does this have to do with gender? Seems like a matter of incompetence to me.
I guess it became about gender when she was miffed I asked for a parts counter rep. She asked for it and she couldn't help when push came to shove. Every damn time I deal with a woman in an industrial setting, this is the kind of shit that happens and I haven't been proven wrong, even once, in all these years. If she wants to do the job, she should get educated about how to do it. That's all.

·
66,894 Posts
You haven't met the right techno women dude.
I knew a few who could machine a bore for any shaft size given any tolerance limitation you could through at them. I loved demonstrating to them the hydraulic principles but the knew the right amount of machining needed for a polished surface with minimum leaks. I mean they knew their shit real tight.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I guess it became about gender when she was miffed I asked for a parts counter rep. She asked for it and she couldn't help when push came to shove. Every damn time I deal with a woman in an industrial setting, this is the kind of shit that happens and I haven't been proven wrong, even once, in all these years. If she wants to do the job, she should get educated about how to do it. That's all.
Correlation is not equal to causation

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
I called an industrial supply place this a.m. looking for oil regulation devices. A woman answers the phone, I ask for parts and sales counter. She snippily replies, 'That would be ME'. I describe to her what I want over the phone. Now she's lost, has no idea what I want. I mention the manufacturers name, Bijur, and the related part numbers of the orifices I'm looking for. She has no clue but tries to recover from her lapse of stupidity/ignorance by offering to look at the Birmingham warehouse and call back, when she's actually going to hang up and ask a man, who knows what he's doing, what to look for. When she calls back, she quotes a price nearly double what the next highest is. If this company hopes to stay in business, they had better put her back to making coffee because she sucks at industrial customer service. It is okay if she sucks at some occupations, though.
I have the exact same problem with the parts chick at the local Benz dealer. Every time I call I end up on hold for 20 minutes while she goes and asks a guy to get the information. Half the time when I get the order in...wrong part. Then we start the dance all over again.

Wait, sorry, Steve's a guy.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,267 Posts
You haven't met the right techno women dude.
I knew a few who could machine a bore for any shaft size given any tolerance limitation you could through at them. I loved demonstrating to them the hydraulic principles but the knew the right amount of machining needed for a polished surface with minimum leaks. I mean they knew their shit real tight.
We love it when you talk dirty Drew.

·
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's this forum coming to when you can't even piss off chill_babe, morgan and brendita?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the parts chick at the local Benz dealer. Every time I call I end up on hold for 20 minutes while she goes and asks a guy to get the information. Half the time when I get the order in...wrong part. Then we start the dance all over again.

Wait, sorry, Steve's a guy.
Is this the space reserved my discussion of the 3 times I visited Mercedes' friendly parts-counter and was greeted, 3 separate times, by 3 separate people, with 3 separate brands of stupid?

They all had one thing in common.

They were men.

This is just a case of why on-the-job training should only be used to supplement prior knowledge, education and experience.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
All parts people are idiots. When are you folks gonna learn?

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Phoned Comcast today to ask why files keep vanishing from my dedicated server space. Of course they had no idea. I wondered aloud if perhaps I was hitting headroom: how much space are users allotted anyway? "Oh, I really should know that," she responded. I hope everyone's proud of me that I didn't immediately agree. OTOH, my tongue hurt from being bit, so I guess that's a wash :mad:

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
What does this have to do with gender? Seems like a matter of incompetence to me.
While doing my return, I called one of our new refinance lenders today because they did not send me a 1098. The woman said in a thick Jamaican accent that she could not fax it to me but could answer any questions. I asked her how much interest we paid in 2007. She said,"$4392.51" So then I said, "Points? "She says, "Yes, 51". I said, "51 POINTS!!!!?" "Yes, $4392 "point" 51. I almost shit myself laughing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts