Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know the answer lies in the problematic suspension but having trawled the internet there are so many that clearly sit too high.

Is this just how they've set the ride height or is likely an issue with the ABC suspension?

Here's one of many I've seen sitting similarly high: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002117182213

Thanks for any pointers guys 馃憤

Registered
2009 SL 500
Always nice to find a clich茅, the answer is in the question ... just how they've set the ride height
Near impossible to find one with that as a fault condition.

Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
Seeing them at dealers with the higher setting is normal as they often have to drive onto curbs to get them in the showroom.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, so no need to worry if it's sitting high in the showroom 馃憤

Out of interest, how many modes are there and how do you use yours when driving?

Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
There are three height settings and a sport/normal setting. The difference in height between the lowest and highest is about 1.5 inches. I keep mine in the lowest setting unless I am pulling into my driveway, then I go highest so I don't scrape the front bumper. I also switch to highest setting on some very bump roads. I pretty much always leave it in sport mode as I prefer the firmer ride and "sky hook" anti-lean function it offers in curves. Sometimes on rough freeways where there are no sharp curves, I switch to normal for smoother ride.

Premium Member
2007 SL55 AMG P030 -2007 S65 AMG
There are three height settings and a sport/normal setting. The difference in height between the lowest and highest is about 1.5 inches. I keep mine in the lowest setting unless I am pulling into my driveway, then I go highest so I don't scrape the front bumper. I also switch to highest setting on some very bump roads. I pretty much always leave it in sport mode as I prefer the firmer ride and "sky hook" anti-lean function it offers in curves. Sometimes on rough freeways where there are no sharp curves, I switch to normal for smoother ride.
I also keep mine in the lowest setting when driving only go to the high setting on steep entrances or when there are concrete parking lot stops.
As I have the P30 option (25% stifer suspension calibration/setting from the factory) I use the C comfort mode a lot and S sport when driving faster.

I don't like the looks in the high mode but I'm glad the option is there it takes a learning curve to be on the look out when you need it and on the SL55 there is an additional oil cooler up front totake care of as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts