Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 MBZ C36
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping (half-heartedly) for a new car for two years and I have yet to find anything that comes close to the C36 for driving enjoyment, performance, aesthetics and value. I used to own a 98 vette that had a pretty decent fun:price ratio, but overall, there really aren't high performance sedans or sports cars for that matter, for less than 50,000 that compete at all with the C36 and C43. I even got into a race with an S55 and a CLK430 recently and literally walked away from them to sixty plus, and they were at least 4 years younger. I just wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts about upcoming cars that will cause me to change my mind for less than 50K. I even noticed that the 95 C36 will outsprint the brand new SL500 to sixty. This 95 I have is seven years old, going on eight. Oh by the way, it has 112K on it. Great car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

I am planning to buy a C36 around '95 model which usually have at least 100k miles....

Hi!

I am planning to buy a C36 around '95 model which usually have at least 100k miles.

Do you think this is still not too much for such a highly tuned engine/car?

Could this be reliable for the long term too?

Thanks,

Z

·
Registered
1995 MBZ C36
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the head gasket has been replaced or is not leaking, and the wire harness has e...

As long as the head gasket has been replaced or is not leaking, and the wire harness has either been replaced or is in good shape, the car is as bulletproof as any other mercedes. On my 95 I have had an attrocious time with rotors, having had to replace them twice in 3 years (a rather pricey problem). However, I will probably invest in a better brake system and keep the car forever. It is just such a good ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts