Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I happen to agree with Jayhawk, EVERY time I needed advice from LUKE, I feel that I was given SOUND ADVICE in a TIMELY MANNER!!!!!! And NO!!! I didn't need to have a credit card in hand, { THAT WAS JUST A DUMBASS STATEMENT somebody made} SO, Let me ask you this: Hows the new guy from TIRES DIRECT working for you??? AND,AND!!!! I could pick up the phone and call Luke if I needed to!!! Who do you call at the NEW PLACE???? I for One of MANY will miss LUKE, He did a VERY GOOD JOB!!!!!! Its always surprising to Me that so many so called Intelligent people can be so uninformed. Like I have ALWAYS said, YA can't FIX STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!
You got that right! Stupid is as stupid does, and the guys here really know how to do STUPID!

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
wow ... you guys are still carrying on about this .... that and nobody from the new place has showed up yet?

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
wow ... you guys are still carrying on about this .... that and nobody from the new place has showed up yet?
Nobody... DT only shows up to try and sell us stuff, and they always do it anonymously. No people, just an ad post!

·
1,386 Posts
Nobody... DT only shows up to try and sell us stuff, and they always do it anonymously. No people, just an ad post!
yeah but, somebody on posted that they are "A+" to deal with so that's good. Even though all the while I am getting blasted by some in this thread for not supplying answers people want to hear

oh well .... that's the way things are on the internet these days

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
yeah but, somebody on posted that they are "A+" to deal with so that's good. Even though all the while I am getting blasted by some in this thread for not supplying answers people want to hear

oh well .... that's the way things are on the internet these days
You need to reread that post w/ the A+ comment. The guy said they were A+ on price, but everything else about the company was a total bust and that he would never do business w/ them again. He had several specific complaints and said he would only deal w/ TTR in the future.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for checking back once in a while and helping w/ our questions. None of our regular members are as knowledgeable as you and I see some pretty bad advice from time to time. Sorry if people yell at you for not being as responsive as when you were a sponsor, but most are getting the idea. I just wish BW would get a clue and dump DTD and get someone knowledgeable who is willing to actually help us. You might want to Forward complaints to the Admin here and request that they post some kind of a public notice.

·
1,386 Posts
I take it all with a grain of salt .... in my opinion the internet has in many cases made our society much less polite and considerate because of the anonymity afforded to people with made up screen names.

and no I didn't read the 'DTD = A+' thread ...

As I mentioned in my going away post I will check in occassionally to offer assistance

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
What a soap opera.:rolleyes:

But Luke thanks for offering to help occasionally.

·
Registered
07 E350 4Matic w/P1 & Sport Pkg
246 Posts
I've been called a fool before, but when I needed help from Luke last winter regarding winter tires, he offered the help, and it was appreciated. Good luck and best wishes, Luke...

·
Premium Member
Mercedes Tires and Wheels
774 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Travis and I am here to help. If you have any questions please let me know. You can post them in our sponsor forum or you can post them here. If you post them in this forum and you would like my input please PM me a link and I will do my best to answer your question or point you in the direction of someone that can. I do help out on a number of boards so your patience is appreciated. I am not a salesman so I won’t pressure you to buy. I am here to help. If you have a price question or you need immediate help please refer to our web site, call one of our stores or call our Mail order division at 1.888.459.4080.

Discount Tire Forum

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Thanks for checking with us Travis, As you can see, We are a LOYAL GROUP!!!!! The Tire Rack (or LUKE) was very good about helping out when needed, You have some pretty big shoes to fill!!!!! Some of us here are (not ME,of course LOL!!!!!) are a LITTLE NEEDY!!!!! Just as with ANY new sponser or in your case, any NEW forum, Your TRUST must be EARNED!!!!! I am SURE that in time things will get a little better for you around HERE!!! Good Luck and check in often!!!!!

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Travis and I am here to help. If you have any questions please let me know. You can post them in our sponsor forum or you can post them here. If you post them in this forum and you would like my input please PM me a link and I will do my best to answer your question or point you in the direction of someone that can. I do help out on a number of boards so your patience is appreciated. I am not a salesman so I won’t pressure you to buy. I am here to help. If you have a price question or you need immediate help please refer to our web site, call one of our stores or call our Mail order division at 1.888.459.4080.

Discount Tire Forum
Hey Travis, Welcome to the board! Which other forums do you work? Are they all MB fora or do you have other expertise as well? Will you check-in here on a regular basis or do you require a PM to check for questions?

Thanks for checking in. I look forward to benefiting from your MB tire and wheel expertise.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Thanks for checking with us Travis, As you can see, We are a LOYAL GROUP!!!!! The Tire Rack (or LUKE) was very good about helping out when needed, You have some pretty big shoes to fill!!!!! Some of us here are (not ME,of course LOL!!!!!) are a LITTLE NEEDY!!!!! Just as with ANY new sponser or in your case, any NEW forum, Your TRUST must be EARNED!!!!! I am SURE that in time things will get a little better for you around HERE!!! Good Luck and check in often!!!!!
Thank's for the good words Drags. I appreciate it. I know how it is being a new guy. As some say it "This ain't my first rodeo". I'll be chiming in from time to time on my own but if anyone would like some help PM me your question, post it in our forum or PM me a link to your thread and I'll jump in as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

Hey Travis, Welcome to the board! Which other forums do you work? Are they all MB fora or do you have other expertise as well? Will you check-in here on a regular basis or do you require a PM to check for questions?

Thanks for checking in. I look forward to benefiting from your MB tire and wheel expertise.
I was hoping you'd chime back into this thread Jayhawk.

Here's a little about me. I got into the wheel and tire industry in 2003. I studied Industrial Design in College (Product Design) and decided I wanted to start designing wheels. So I did. I ran my own business for 3 years. In that time I designed and produced two lines of wheels. On top of the designing, I did all the marketing, most of the selling and even some of the installation. I ran the show and had to teach myself everything along the way. A year and a half a go, I saw the downfall of the economy coming and the flood of new wheel companies coming as well and decided I should get into something a little more solid. I sold my portion of my company over to my partner and joined up with Discount Tire. They were by far my favorite vendor for tires and wheels as they were the only vendor that had stood behind their products and services 100% in the 3 years that I had been buying from them. As an outside buyer I was only able to see part of what they do and I can tell you now that I've seen some pretty amazing things done here by both the company and the individuals that work here.

So now to get a little more specific to your questions. Why am I here? What do I do, Where's my specific MB experience? How do I make my recommendations?

I am no MB mechanic and I don't claim to be. I am a wheel and tire guy and I know wheels and tires. If I was a mechanic, I would be fixing or tuning cars and I'd probably be making a lot more money than I am now. You've all seen your labor bills I'm sure I don't have to remind you. I have spent a fair amount of time with MB vehicles. I really like the tight tolerances. Simple put, a nice set of shoes can really set them off. One of my favorite packages to build is a staggered 19" wheel and tire package for the small C-Classes. Just the right amount of wheel and just enough tire for comfort. Sport and luxury in one.

I am here to help you with your MB and your tire and wheel questions as well as any other vehicle you have a question on. I combine the experiences I have of designing wheels and getting my hands dirty with the tools and things I have learned here. I have tools at my fingertips that you don't have. Our internal fitment guide outlines wheels widths, diameters, hub sizes, x-factors and offsets, tire sizes, load ranges, speed ranges and a whole bunch more that you will never need to know specifically about your vehicle and the products we sell. I also have information from our product manufactures for reference as well as some tools for calculating some of the more extreme fitments you won't see online or in our fitment guide. In working at Discount Tire I frequently sit with our product manufacturers to discuss their products and I do get involved with their Ride-and-drives to see and touch products in use. I also read customer reviews online, as well as articles on the products we sell. I base my recommendations on all of this and I will tell you if I don't know or if I am not sure of something right off the bat. No one likes a Mr. Know-it-all anyway. Right?

As for the other forums. I have 90+ forums that I manage most of which I respond to my self and others that I oversee the responses of. They range in vehicle from Lamborghini to hybrid, Range Rover to Jeep, and Mercedes to Chevy cobalt.

As for getting a hold of me. We have our own forum on this site and we have a notification set up for it, if you start a thread there we will be notified and will respond as soon as we can. If you PM us we receive a notification for that as well. Also if you reply to any thread that we have replied to or started we will be notified, we will read your response and we will reply as necessary. Discount Tire has many different ways to be contacted. You can call or visit a store, visit our web site or call our mail order division at 1.888.459.4080.

Hope this answers most of your questions. If you have others please let me know.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank's for the good words Drags. I appreciate it. I know how it is being a new guy. As some say it "This ain't my first rodeo". I'll be chiming in from time to time on my own but if anyone would like some help PM me your question, post it in our forum or PM me a link to your thread and I'll jump in as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

I was hoping you'd chime back into this thread Jayhawk.

Here's a little about me. I got into the wheel and tire industry in 2003. I studied Industrial Design in College (Product Design) and decided I wanted to start designing wheels. So I did. I ran my own business for 3 years. In that time I designed and produced two lines of wheels. On top of the designing, I did all the marketing, most of the selling and even some of the installation. I ran the show and had to teach myself everything along the way. A year and a half a go, I saw the downfall of the economy coming and the flood of new wheel companies coming as well and decided I should get into something a little more solid. I sold my portion of my company over to my partner and joined up with Discount Tire. They were by far my favorite vendor for tires and wheels as they were the only vendor that had stood behind their products and services 100% in the 3 years that I had been buying from them. As an outside buyer I was only able to see part of what they do and I can tell you now that I've seen some pretty amazing things done here by both the company and the individuals that work here.

So now to get a little more specific to your questions. Why am I here? What do I do, Where's my specific MB experience? How do I make my recommendations?

I am no MB mechanic and I don't claim to be. I am a wheel and tire guy and I know wheels and tires. If I was a mechanic, I would be fixing or tuning cars and I'd probably be making a lot more money than I am now. You've all seen your labor bills I'm sure I don't have to remind you. I have spent a fair amount of time with MB vehicles. I really like the tight tolerances. Simple put, a nice set of shoes can really set them off. One of my favorite packages to build is a staggered 19" wheel and tire package for the small C-Classes. Just the right amount of wheel and just enough tire for comfort. Sport and luxury in one.

I am here to help you with your MB and your tire and wheel questions as well as any other vehicle you have a question on. I combine the experiences I have of designing wheels and getting my hands dirty with the tools and things I have learned here. I have tools at my fingertips that you don't have. Our internal fitment guide outlines wheels widths, diameters, hub sizes, x-factors and offsets, tire sizes, load ranges, speed ranges and a whole bunch more that you will never need to know specifically about your vehicle and the products we sell. I also have information from our product manufactures for reference as well as some tools for calculating some of the more extreme fitments you won't see online or in our fitment guide. In working at Discount Tire I frequently sit with our product manufacturers to discuss their products and I do get involved with their Ride-and-drives to see and touch products in use. I also read customer reviews online, as well as articles on the products we sell. I base my recommendations on all of this and I will tell you if I don't know or if I am not sure of something right off the bat. No one likes a Mr. Know-it-all anyway. Right?

As for the other forums. I have 90+ forums that I manage most of which I respond to my self and others that I oversee the responses of. They range in vehicle from Lamborghini to hybrid, Range Rover to Jeep, and Mercedes to Chevy cobalt.

As for getting a hold of me. We have our own forum on this site and we have a notification set up for it, if you start a thread there we will be notified and will respond as soon as we can. If you PM us we receive a notification for that as well. Also if you reply to any thread that we have replied to or started we will be notified, we will read your response and we will reply as necessary. Discount Tire has many different ways to be contacted. You can call or visit a store, visit our web site or call our mail order division at 1.888.459.4080.

Hope this answers most of your questions. If you have others please let me know.
"...90+ forums!" I guess we shouldn't expect personalized attention, or even MB expertise. Bummmmmer... I guess we are spoilled...

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
With that much going on, We should be thankful that Travis has time check in as much as he does!!! Lets TRY to keep an open mind here and remember that with that kind of work load, some of the opinions that WE EXPECT to get an answer to may take a little bit of time.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I don't respond on all 90 sites as I stated above, I do have some help and we usually are able to answer your questions/respond within 24 hours. I should mention to you that most responses are made during the weekdays. Weekend responses are little as we have limited hours on Saturday and we are closed on Sunday.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
We all will welcome good advice and answers anytime...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts