Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
W/ Luke, the Tire Rack Mercedes guru, having been fired, and the Tire Rack dumped, who is the moderator for this new Discount Tire Direct forum? And who, exactly, will help us Benz guys w/ our unique tire and wheel problems and questions? Who is your "Luke?"

·
Surely A Large Human
MB Regretmobile
35,725 Posts
^ Please excuse Jay; this has been a tough break-up for him. He's a little emotional. :D

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,129 Posts
whoever : persomaly i didnt see too much help coming from our last geru! we help each other. if you wernt spending money, the advice was slim

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whoever : persomaly i didnt see too much help coming from our last geru! we help each other. if you wernt spending money, the advice was slim
I persomaly [sic] think your drinking may prevent you from paying attention. Just review the tire forum for the past couple years.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
I believe you may find the majority here have a different opinion

·
Registered
2003 E500 sport
145 Posts
he wasent the nicest person if you wasent on the phone with a credit card and wasent very helpfull when i needed advise on tire selection. just becouse i wanted a lower priced tire and not a 350 dollor a piece michelin he was like why put a cheaper tire and an expensive car.well paying 350 a tire doesent mean it will last forever and i have had most brands and i am actualy happy with my generals even if they are a little loud i always have the radio on any way so i dont even notice it.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I originally contacted Luke, I wanted Michelin PS2's for summer and Blizzak's for winter tires. He said they would be okay on my car, but that the cheaper Goodyear's and Michelin X-Ice tires would be better on my S500. I had no sense he was trying to rip me off. In fact I had just the opposite feeling about his recommendations, and found his superior knowledge of our cars and the best fit of tires and wheels for MB's to be very reassuring. And sure enough he was right! I am still enjoying all the tires and wheels he recommended, and could not be more pleased w/ The Tire Rack's goods and service.

I have no sense that the new Discount Tire company and forum know diddly-squat about wheels and tires let alone what works best w/ all of our Mercedes Benz cars. Hell, they haven't even identified a moderator for the forum. What's up w/ that??

·
Banned
97'C280
3,184 Posts
Jayhawk, why were you so in love with the old rep? He/She didn't respond fast enough for me. I had to research a lot of things on my own after waiting on an answer for weeks from that old rep.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jayhawk, why were you so in love with the old rep? He/She didn't respond fast enough for me. I had to research a lot of things on my own after waiting on an answer for weeks from that old rep.
"...love?" The word is respect! And admiration for a job well-done! Words that will never apply to you...

·
Registered
1995 E300 Diesel
95 Posts
I just don’t get it…it sounds like some folks around here are offended that Luke was trying to sell tires?? C’mon…grow up! The name of the forum was “the Tire Rack Wheel & Tire forum” (or something along that line), what did you think he was here for? He works for the Tire Rack; it is his job to sell tires n’stuff for his company. It is how he makes a living to support his family.
It’s one thing for him to come to these forums to answer questions and to give his expert, unbiased advice for everyone to benefit from, whether or not you buy tires from him… It’s another thing to call him at work for advice over the phone and either not purchase anything or not follow his advice.
It has been almost two weeks now since the “Discount Tire” people took over the forum; do you even know who the “new” guy is? Has anyone from Discount Tire taken the time to answer any questions yet? Has anyone even taken the courtesy to introduce him/her self to the forum members?
I have never bought anything from Luke but he has still taken the time to answer my questions (could be this or another site) You guys try to go to your local tire store and badger the sales guy with no intent to buy while other paying customers are waiting in line…
I for one am grateful for Luke’s expertise. Thank you Luke, I will continue to read your valuable advice in other MB forums and will be buying tires from you soon.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
temper lil fella. I was just stating the facts. your guy sucked. get over it.

:D
Sorry BIG fella, but there was no temper involved--just a lot more experience w/ The Tire Rack than you obviously have had! As Ronald Reagan once said "Facts are stupid things."

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just don’t get it…it sounds like some folks around here are offended that Luke was trying to sell tires?? C’mon…grow up! The name of the forum was “the Tire Rack Wheel & Tire forum” (or something along that line), what did you think he was here for? He works for the Tire Rack; it is his job to sell tires n’stuff for his company. It is how he makes a living to support his family.
It’s one thing for him to come to these forums to answer questions and to give his expert, unbiased advice for everyone to benefit from, whether or not you buy tires from him… It’s another thing to call him at work for advice over the phone and either not purchase anything or not follow his advice.
It has been almost two weeks now since the “Discount Tire” people took over the forum; do you even know who the “new” guy is? Has anyone from Discount Tire taken the time to answer any questions yet? Has anyone even taken the courtesy to introduce him/her self to the forum members?
I have never bought anything from Luke but he has still taken the time to answer my questions (could be this or another site) You guys try to go to your local tire store and badger the sales guy with no intent to buy while other paying customers are waiting in line…
I for one am grateful for Luke’s expertise. Thank you Luke, I will continue to read your valuable advice in other MB forums and will be buying tires from you soon.
Finally! Some sanity in this asylum! Astute observations my friend. Luke's only characteristic that a few people did not like was that he did not suffer fools lightly. And you can bet those complaining most loudly here are the fools!

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,129 Posts
Finally! Some sanity in this asylum! Astute observations my friend. Luke's only characteristic that a few people did not like was that he did not suffer fools lightly. And you can bet those complaining most loudly here are the fools!
your the loudest of all!

·
Banned
PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
17,696 Posts
your the loudest of all!

And the sanest man in the house comes from up North.......

If you really want some laughs ask Jay for some financial advice and if that does not cheer you up ask him what the outlook is for the US economy over the next year...........

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
I happen to agree with Jayhawk, EVERY time I needed advice from LUKE, I feel that I was given SOUND ADVICE in a TIMELY MANNER!!!!!! And NO!!! I didn't need to have a credit card in hand, { THAT WAS JUST A DUMBASS STATEMENT somebody made} SO, Let me ask you this: Hows the new guy from TIRES DIRECT working for you??? AND,AND!!!! I could pick up the phone and call Luke if I needed to!!! Who do you call at the NEW PLACE???? I for One of MANY will miss LUKE, He did a VERY GOOD JOB!!!!!! Its always surprising to Me that so many so called Intelligent people can be so uninformed. Like I have ALWAYS said, YA can't FIX STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts