Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls. Is anybody riding on aftermarket wheels? I searched, but couldnt find much. OR show pictures of differant OEM wheels on your benz...like AMG wheels and such. thanks a lot

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Hey guys and girls. Is anybody riding on aftermarket wheels? I searched, but couldnt find much. OR show pictures of differant OEM wheels on your benz...like AMG wheels and such. thanks a lot
Look around more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really like the CLK wheels from around year 2000:

They fit, and barely, without spacers. To give you an idea how close they are, the clip on wheel weights on the inside fronts were hitting on the tie rod ends. I rebalanced with adhesive weights and they clear, but are close! Also, the front center caps will not go on without spacers, the bearing cap protrudes too far. It appears that 10 or 15 mm spacer should be enough to make the caps clear, but I haven't measured it to be sure. Also, I've heard some aftermarket tie rod ends are larger, and the spacers would then be required.

--Woody

·
Registered
442 Posts
It would be sweet to see Ronal Turbo's on a W123. But they would have to be the old style Turbo's. I dont think the newer style look good. Also you would have to slam that thing to the ground, as i think they only come in 15"

Old Style

New Style

And here are a few photos of Ronals on cars

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea people run the turbos on the VWs a lot. I dont plan on doing any suspension work to the car...so i dont know if ronals are a good idea. I thought the stock wheels were 15s on the 300D

·
Registered
442 Posts
All W123's came with either 14" Steel wheels or 14" Bundt Alloy wheels.

If you do not plan on suspension work, i would suggest some 15" Bundt wheels which are not very easy to come by, they do pop up on ebay once in a while, or the 16" C-klasse/CLK Winter Wheels as pictured above.

The W123 Rides quiet high, and if you go with a bigger wheel without suspension work, it will just get higher, unless you run Low Profile tires which would just look all wrong.

Its to bad, i would love to see a Slammed W123 on Turbo's. My friend has a set of early Turbo's built in 1983 in 4x100 VW bolt pattern that he keeps just to have, doesn't even use them.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Those don't look nearly as nice as my new $200 CL find :

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I run 14" Ronal made bundts on the 240D.

I do have a set of 16" CLK wheels that Woody6 has but haven't installed them due to the balancing and clearance problems. I have a set of 10mm H&R spacers but am reluctant to run them due to the bearing issues.

I have a set of 15" Bundts but they will most likely be seen on Boardmongers car ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts