Discussion Starter #1
Hunting around a black 300d?

Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was the tall white guy in brown/black plaid shirt that gave you the evil eye! Knew I should have said hi! That chick your GF? Good woman if she goes to the JY with you...

The best wife ever was the one I saw one day in July holding a golf umbrella over her husband while he worked in the car. I think it was like 102 that day. I remember I was dragging around a hood from some ricer to give me shade.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbodiesel 212K or so, it doesn't work anymore :-)
216 Posts
cool cool...i slightly remember seeing you there...that's my wife *just married about 9 months ago*

slightly off topic here but have you noticed that someone is pulling all the w123 motors from all the PAP's around? Unless they have been in a fire, the motor is gone in less than 5 days from showing up at any PAP...it's making getting parts from there extremely difficult.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good woman!

There is an african guy that pulls engines and sends them home. Bane of my existance!

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,700 Posts
You think you have it bad, there is a guy here in Sacramento cali buying up all the salvaged w123s and cutting them in 3 pieces and sending them to egypt! He out bids pick n pull and private bidders trying to save the cars for the most part LOL.

Sorry didnt mean to thread jack, but thought id chine in:)

·
Registered
1984 300D, 1983 300TD, 1995 E300
435 Posts
There's a nice Guatemalan guy in the PnP near me who pulls 240Ds and manual transmissions and puts them in Toyota Hilux/Tacomas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You think you have it bad, there is a guy here in Sacramento cali buying up all the salvaged w123s and cutting them in 3 pieces and sending them to egypt! He out bids pick n pull and private bidders trying to save the cars for the most part LOL.

Sorry didnt mean to thread jack, but thought id chine in:)

That is VERY intersting to say the least. Last month I called our local "Bimmers and Benzs" JY to ask about W123 wagon parts. Their response..."No 123s right now. Some guy from Egypt came in and bought them all, then shipped them over there." They usually have 12-15 W123s in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts