Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SWMBO got me one of these as part of a car cleaning kit she picked up for me.

I used it for the first time yesterday. There was some pollen and dust on the car that accumulated under the cover. I rinsed the car with water from the hose, dried it with a terry towel and then finish-dried it with the mitt.

NO SPOTS! Even better than when I try to use the chamois. I need to get more.

The company designed it for patio furniture but since it came in the kit, I was the beneficiary.

Garden Tools, Furniture & more - Deals & Discounts - Reduced prices on Garden and more

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
11,738 Posts
SWMBO got me one of these as part of a car cleaning kit she picked up for me.

NO SPOTS! Even better than when I try to use the chamois. I need to get more.
The mitts look like those micro-fibre towels they now sell everywhere. I find that they dry the car better and with less effort than a chamois anyway.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mitts look like those micro-fibre towels they now sell everywhere. I find that they dry the car better and with less effort than a chamois anyway.
And you couldn't have shared that tidbit with us before now? We have to learn this stuff on our own?

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,210 Posts
Been using em for the last three years

Pre Mercedes, my black Commander attracted everything but women. It needed washed constantly. I bought a pack of microfiber towels at Costco and my car drying and window cleaning became instantly easier and better. Now with the dunkelblau Colonel Klink and of course my SL, I use nothing but. Each one cycles from window, then to drying the car, and then the wheels. There's about 15 or 20 in the Costco pack for about $11.00 if IIRC. Best car cleaning investment ever.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
2,871 Posts
Can you guys buy Autoglym products over in the USA The best thing i found to dry the car is the synthetic shamy it is like a normal dry leather to look at ,, but is made of what looks like very fine spiders web type rubber. I used these for 40 years and they are 90% better than cows hide leather ..If you can find one get one and try it out .Wipe yoyr car dry and i mean dry in half the time .

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
2,871 Posts
Not in the same race as Autoglym synthetic shamy the best in the world to wipe your car dry .
kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-08 AUTO GLYM AQUA-DRY LEATHER eBay.png

·
Premium Member
2016 CLS400 4Matic
167 Posts
I barely touch my car when drying. 99.8% of it is done using a cordless leaf blower. Then I’ll use the highest quality microfiber towel available (from The Rag Company or Griots Garage) to remove what’s left. I also use high-quality microfiber towels and Waterless Detailer between washes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts