Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1990 560SEC 334K miles as of 5/19, 1990 500SL (Euro Build) 67K miles as of 5/19
126 Posts
I have deduced the car was in no start condition due to low fuel pressure. I replaced the FPR and got higher pressure but not correct pressure. I put the gauge on the fuel input to the FD. It went well past 100 actually spun the dial until the stop peg. So I have pressure. So it must be in the rebuilt FD. I was thinking the plunger might have rotated slightly so the slits were out of alignment with the holes. When I opened it they were slightly off, but worse than that one of the 8 ceramic chips had broken and the diaphram split. It must have not been exactly centered when assembled. Have a new diaphram on the way. I will use the old one as a guide, template to mark the new one. I will use just a dab of silicone grease to hold it all in place during reassembly as one must have slide out of alignment ever so slightly. I will turn the tower screw all the way clockwise counting the turns and then back it to the middle and start from there. I will use that as a default position for the potentiometer setting. Thank you in advance for any brief advice/pointers you can give me based on where I am in the process.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1988 300CE
1,410 Posts
... Thank you in advance for any brief advice/pointers you can give me based on where I am in the process.
Here‘s a brief pointer to a thread that I advise you (and others who are interested in CIS-E maintenance) to take a look at:

https://www.benzworld.org/threads/no-start-after-filter-replacement-fuel-distributor.2992371/#post17451853

You might discover some useful information about several things in that thread. ;)

Here‘s another (general) brief advice:
You posted about your issue in several threads, partly in threads of your own and partly in other member‘s threads (not only this one). That causes unnecessary confusion, disturbs other member‘s threads, and members who are trying to help you may not notice that & what you‘ve posted in other threads. IMHO, it is much better to keep everything in one & one‘s own thread.

H.D.

·
Registered
1990 560SEC 334K miles as of 5/19, 1990 500SL (Euro Build) 67K miles as of 5/19
126 Posts
I posted it by mistake in the other thread. Looked to delete it but I was already gone. Thanks for the advice on the car, I know about the threads....

81 - 83 of 83 Posts