1990 560SEC 334K miles as of 5/19, 1990 500SL (Euro Build) 67K miles as of 5/19
I have deduced the car was in no start condition due to low fuel pressure. I replaced the FPR and got higher pressure but not correct pressure. I put the gauge on the fuel input to the FD. It went well past 100 actually spun the dial until the stop peg. So I have pressure. So it must be in the rebuilt FD. I was thinking the plunger might have rotated slightly so the slits were out of alignment with the holes. When I opened it they were slightly off, but worse than that one of the 8 ceramic chips had broken and the diaphram split. It must have not been exactly centered when assembled. Have a new diaphram on the way. I will use the old one as a guide, template to mark the new one. I will use just a dab of silicone grease to hold it all in place during reassembly as one must have slide out of alignment ever so slightly. I will turn the tower screw all the way clockwise counting the turns and then back it to the middle and start from there. I will use that as a default position for the potentiometer setting. Thank you in advance for any brief advice/pointers you can give me based on where I am in the process.