Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
00 ML430,02 c230k co
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I saw a post the other day..and I thought it said"What was she thinking"it was a video clip of a woman jumping out of her ML while it was sliding in the snow along a curb and then rear ended another car and someone caught it on video ....the funniest thing. Now I can't find it to show a friend,has anybody seen this????

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
http://www.autoaddiction.net/viewers/fileDetails.php?content_id=154

·
Registered
10 Posts
So if you get caught in this, what you'd have done ?

Last snow season I got caught in the same situation, unsuitable tyres, rear wheel drive car with snowchains on them. I let go of the brakes to get traction then used the handbrakes.

In an ML with no snowchains and no snow tyres, how would you stop your car ?. I'm asking since I always go unprepared, or so it happens
[:0] .. Isen't it funny how one thinks he got it all sorted out, know how to prepare, but then it just gets you with the wrong tyres downhill, it a serious question nevertheless.

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
Sad to say.... There is nothing that you can do outside of have good tires, travel at a safe distance, and give yourself and out. Once a car begins to slide on ice, there is not much that can be done[:(]
The antilock feature on brakes can assist drivers in some adverse conditions, but 5000 pounds on ice still a bad situation waiting to happen[:0]

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Let me jump out of my steel car with airbags and cumple zones into the path of sliding out of control 5000 lb trucks! too funny [:D]

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
WARNING - Don't go to this URL!

Not only is the URL posted by 4benzes funny so are many of the other 100 videos at this site. I wasted almost an hour and pissed off my girl friend. Tried to save some of the best ones but couldn't. Anybody have a workaround? Thanks, sort of.

·
Registered
CL500 & S600
5 Posts
RE: WARNING - Don't go to this URL!

I have a workaround - stop pissing off your girlfriend and do something constructive for a change.

·
Registered
203 Posts
RE: WARNING - Don't go to this URL!

ccweems:
I have Windows XP and I go here to get vidz that won't let me save them easily:
C:\Documents and Settings\X\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.
"X" is your logon name whatever that may be.
"Local Settings" is normally hidden so you'll need to check show hidden folders first.
Sometimes the path may be deeper:
C:\Documents and Settings\X\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content\random named folders you'll need to root thu.

Hidden folders: From any open folder; Tools\Folder Options\View\Show hidden files and folders

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
Chevota - thanks, I found the files.

David_Houston - Which would you rather do: surf the net or crawl under an 88' 560SL to figure out why the fuel pump(s) don't work?

I've heard frequent references to the older MB which were built like tanks. OK, they are heavy but built or designed well? No way. The wiring is scary: components are strewn all over, much of it looks like a poorly assembled kit car. With all of its warts, the ML appears much better designed. Obviously they made some poor choices on component design.

·
Registered
CL500 & S600
5 Posts
ccweems - 4/6/2005 11:02 AM

David_Houston - Which would you rather do: surf the net or crawl under an 88' 560SL to figure out why the fuel pump(s) don't work?
Let's see - it's Sunday evening (a day of rest after a hard work week, a time to spend with family) and you are surfing the net instead of spending quality time with your girlfriend. No wonder she was pissed. Bet she was still po'd when she left for work on Monday morning.

As to crawling under a 1988 560SL (hopefully not an 88-foot one as you specified), that's what good mechanics are for. Either get rid of that clunker or spend a few bucks on a good mechanic.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The video is also available at the following link;

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=wintercarslide.wmv

·
Registered
00 ML430,02 c230k co
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HEY! HEY! HEY!!!!! I'm ssooo glad I got to kick up the dust and start something here ....Remember her gettin po'd is temporary...a laugh can last a whole lot longer and you can laugh with a lot more people!!! "MISERY LOVES COMPANY" laughing is a lot more healthier....SO THERE!!![:eek:)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts