Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here owns 98-99 clk 320,430 or know anyone that encounters lots of problem with there clk's .

I really like my clk, but it has given my lots of problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I have a 2001 CLK320 and it doesn't have much problems, mileage: 7000

'99 CLK320 - 40k miles. Have had all trivial problems, dealer fixed all under warranty with no questions asked. Nothing mechanical that took the car out of service:<br> <br> Check engine light at 3k miles - gas cap replaced.<br> <br> Front seat rattle/squeaks - second time repaired yesterday - time will tell on this one...<br> <br> Front seat-back trim bubbled/cracked on both sides. This appears to happen if you 'bump' them with anything - personally MB should have used a much more durable material due to extra wear/tear on a 2-door coupe's seat-backs.<br> <br> Sunroof doesn't stop when being closed (sometimes it flips up instead of stopping at closed position).<br> <br> Driver's side rear seat release cable detached.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
…

We had a 99 CLK430 and never had any problems with it. <br> <br> Got tired of a coupe though and traded it in for 2001 Lexus GS430. The engine is hot! although the car looks a little subdued. <br> <br> Also on waiting list for Lexus SC430.<br> We've gone from a MB family to a Lexus family - one reason is because of the quality control issues, and we no longer need the prestige of MB to know we've got a great ride.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Craig, it seems like you and I have something in common.

I had just about everything you ve listed.My clk is at 47,000 miles but all the problems started to emerge at 30,000 miles , like a domino effect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
…

I have a 1998 with 55,000 miles. Never had a problem. Not a single one....<br> <br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts