Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get out of 404 gas and go to a faster mog with pto front and rear capability, can a person purchase an newer(less than 25 year) ag model and run it on the road to a property in your state or does it have to have a full blown registeration like any other truck? I really want a newer mog with a diesel and faster axles to be able to mow with at the ranch and then drive home with the same truck, can one do this with with models? what newer trucks are able to be brought over and driven with insurance and legal inspecion?SAnybody goes overseas i could tag along with to buy a truck? with thanks mucho!

·
Registered
6 Posts
U1200

I have a 1987 U1200, front, rear, and center ptos; 4500 miles and about 450 hours on the truck. It was a former NJ turnpike snowplow, and comes with a schmidt 3.4 plow with the quick hitch. I also have the rear 3 point hitch, new in the box to install. The truck does have some minor cab rust, but most all do. Give me a call if you are interested at 770-475-0044.
David Porter

·
Registered
Unimog
26 Posts
Just my .02 worth. With what you're describing you really want a truck with the AG equipment already on it. To buy a stripped truck (like a former military U-1300L) you'll end up spending lots more in the long run.

David P.s U-1200 sounds like the type of truck that could suit your needs.

If you have questions you're welcome to Email me directly. I can also import for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts