Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,704 Posts
That’s off the wide body that sold for an obscene amount recently. There’s nothing much special about it, other than nice and clean. All you need to do is paint the needles, and swap the gauge face.
Don’t forget to calibrate your speedo when done.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
16,766 Posts
I do like that though, it's a sexy look. All it is is red font. I bet the speedo label makers that do the white gauge faces might be able to do this. And it's literally just the speedo one.
Red needles are super easy.

·
Registered
1989 560SEC Euro 300HP 52K miles
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do like that though, it's a sexy look. All it is is red font. I bet the speedo label makers that do the white gauge faces might be able to do this. And it's literally just the speedo one.
Red needles are super easy.
Agree with all stated, just need someone to create the face plates

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
16,766 Posts
That place that sells the overlays we all often use, whitegauges.net or something I think - I thought they did custom requests. Might be worth an ask.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,878 Posts
bespoke wont make anything for retail

i found my 190mph versionspeedo on ebay from a guy in oregon.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
16,766 Posts
Some cool stuff there.

·
Registered
1985 MB 500sel (Euro)
656 Posts
Does anybody have Promety's email address?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anybody have Promety's email address?
Thank you all for input, Ive been chatting with him on WhatsApp, he says he needs the scan file to reproduce the AMG cluster, now where would I find that.....lol

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC, 2005 E500, 1988 300SEL
109 Posts
@bobolinski1, show these folks what you like and they will reproduce the gauge face plates. It's probably as easy as creating a Photoshop or cad/cam file and hit the print button.

·
Registered
1985 MB 500sel (Euro)
656 Posts
Nice, I want white gauge face plates and will contact both of them to see what they will do me in a model that has the onboard computer. Not only that, but I can probably clean the funny mold off the housing before installing them. thanks Fat Sal, thanks Bobolinsii.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@bobolinski1, show these folks what you like and they will reproduce the gauge face plates. It's probably as easy as creating a Photoshop or cad/cam file and hit the print button.

I chatted with Carsight (Stas) in March, he too stated, he will need the scan to produce, as the OEM varies a few degrees in radius. Thank you

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I chatted with Carsight (Stas) in March, he too stated, he will need the scan to produce, as the OEM varies a few degrees in radius. Thank you
As stated before, this cluster came off a custom widebody build. I read thru the auction postings, where the car sold, and reached out to the modification company, Singer Porsche, who had a hand in the customization. They referred me to North Hollywood Speedo, Ill keep you advised once I hear back, thank you all again, the search is half the fun!

·
Registered
1984 500SEC AMG 5.4
627 Posts
I have that original speed dial which was silk screened onto aluminum, copies are just stickers which are printed or plastic overlays, you can always spot copies due to design discrepancies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have that original speed dial which was silk screened onto aluminum, copies are just stickers which are printed or plastic overlays, you can always spot copies due to design discrepancies.
Ok, tell me please what you need to have the dials or scan in my hands

1 - 20 of 23 Posts