Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 A124 320 Cab - 85 C126 500 SEC - 98 S210 E50 AMG Wagon - 89 W126 300SE
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just had an oil change on my Mercedes W124 E200.
Now its coming white smoke out of my exhaust, i also used Liqui Moly Engine Flush, and the white smoke came the second i poured it in the old oil. Now i got new oil. And it still smokes. Not that much and sometimes it stopps smoking. Its like 50% of the time its white. Another 50% its normal. What should i do?

Sorry for my english mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
White smoke

Welcome Sondrusen,

First of all there is a forum for the W124 and you should probably look around, or search, the posts there for similar symptoms. They can be found in the sedans section.

Liqui Moly products have a good reputation. What problems were you having with your car that you thought you needed to add something to your oil? I add cleaners to fuel but never to oil, but maybe that is just me.

Question: Did you ever see smoke in the exhaust before adding the Liqui Moly? Depending on the age and kilometers on your car, you might just be burning some oil and might have nothing to do with adding the LM.

Your English is fine, I think everyone here can understand you. Good luck and welcome to this forum.

·
Registered
94 A124 320 Cab - 85 C126 500 SEC - 98 S210 E50 AMG Wagon - 89 W126 300SE
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thanks, no i've never had any problems with white smoke before the second i poured it in. No problems with the car either, did on a bmw once and it ran much better. My car also runs much better, except the smoke. The car has left behind 250 000km, and is running like a dream. Strange thing is, the white smokes suddenly just disappears. Then i might come back a little, then disappear again. Maybe the old oil didn't get all out before i added the new one?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Sorry but I don't know the answer. Try asking on that other forum for the W124 and someone there might help you. Good luck.

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Hi, Sondrusen: It looks as you should sort of flush out all the oil mixed with the LM in the system. I the Liquid Moly is lighter than the lubing oil, which it should not since Mb is a metal, you might have your work cut out and have to go through several oil changes to flush all out. Nevertheless, I would pump out 1 Qt at the time and add 1 Qt. Then run it 5 minutes or so, and follow with another Qt (removal-addition).Till you remove and replace about 150% of the oil capacity. This should take care of it.

Have fun, and stay away from not recommended products.

:):thumbsup::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts