Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 G550 & 2016 350 GLE
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had made a trip to Asheville NC and were on our way home. I was in a hurry, running a little over the speed and we had a head wind that was fierce that day. Then it happened, A noise like I had run off of the road and was driving on the built in alarm that the state puts in the edge of the road. But I was not off the road. It happened 7 or 8 times more that day. Once home I forgot about the noise until the next morning. I looked under the Gwagen everywhere to see if anything was loose. I could find nothing. I raised the hood and looked, feeling of everything. I put my hand on the front plastic engine cover and it felt loose. I removed it and there was the evidence. Where the cover touched the engine there were marks where it had been vibrating. I looked at the cover and I noticed that one of the clips was broken on the cover. Mbenz replaced it. A couple of weeks later, same thing again. More vibration sounds. I check again and the clip is broken again. Mbenz relaced it again, but that was this week and I don't think there has been enough driving time to show anything up again. Anyone else have this problem? [xx(]

·
Registered
2013 G63, 07 S550
186 Posts
Haven't heard of that one Gerald, but I did have a strange noise of my own two weeks ago...sounded like a loose belt. Brought it into the dealership and they found mouse/rat parts in one of my belts...got a rodent good with the turn of my key I guess! The rat must have been looking for a warm place to sleep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts