Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a tough time figuring out what wheels to get for my new CLK. I decided to photoshop a few to see if I like 'em on the car. Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks in advance,

Lance

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I'm having a tough time figuring out what wheels to get for my new CLK. I decided to photoshop a few to see if I like 'em on the car. Let me know your thoughts...
Ah, you have been busy!

Out of those ones, I reckon the 1st set and the last set are the nicest.

However, I cannot make my mind up on which is my favourite.

Quite possibly the 1st set I think.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Just a thought, if you do decide to get rims with large gaps (5 spokes, for example), you may want to 'tidy' up the areas behind the wheels.

I have recently painted my hubs, calipers and disc guards and I am so glad I did.

Don't get me wrong, it is abit of a job so you'll have to take a day out to do it but it's so worth it!

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, you have been busy!

Out of those ones, I reckon the 1st set and the last set are the nicest.

However, I cannot make my mind up on which is my favourite.

Quite possibly the 1st set I think.

I'm not sure which set I really like. I'd love to find a website with a bundle of pictures with CLK's that have wheels on 'em. That would make it easier - to see one that I fall in love with prior to purchasing. I tried CarDomain.com but didn't find any that I really loved.

I just finished doing this with my last car... here was the final result:

Cheers,

Lance

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Special thanks to everyone - I decided to sleep over it. I just ordered the wheels I think will work best on my new CLK. I also ordered my H&R springs today from TireRack.com. Now I have to visit the local Mercedes dealership to grab some #1 pads.

I appreciate everyones input and help on my new ride!

Cheers,

Lance

PS I'll post some pictures of my car after the installation has been done.

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
I like #4. they add subtle contrast to the look of your car. Rims are a tough choice. they are soooo subjective.

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like #4. they add subtle contrast to the look of your car. Rims are a tough choice. they are soooo subjective.
I agree with you 100%. I love the contrast in the pictures, however I'm not sure if I'd like it on a daily basis. I'm VERY happy with my decision and look forward to sharing it with all of you! Once I get everything installed I'll post some pictures...

Cheers,

Lance

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...last ones for me !!
LOL - ahhh... looks incredible! Like I said, I pulled the trigger this morning... I hope the anticipation doesn't kill you! :)

It appears you used spacers in the rear of your car. What size spacer did you use? Here are the size of wheels I just ordered:

19"x8.5" Offset 35 (Front) & 19"x 9.5" Offset 35 (Rear)

235/35/19 (Front) & 265/30/19 (Rear)

Do you (or anyone else on this forum) recommend spacers for the rear?

Thanks,

Lance

PS Your car is super clean - beauty!

PSS - edit - I just noticed your signature (15mm spacer)

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
474 Posts
1 then 5

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
LOL - ahhh... looks incredible! Like I said, I pulled the trigger this morning... I hope the anticipation doesn't kill you! :)

It appears you used spacers in the rear of your car. What size spacer did you use? Here are the size of wheels I just ordered:

19"x8.5" Offset 35 (Front) & 19"x 9.5" Offset 35 (Rear)

235/35/19 (Front) & 265/30/19 (Rear)

Do you (or anyone else on this forum) recommend spacers for the rear?

Thanks,

Lance

PS Your car is super clean - beauty!

PSS - edit - I just noticed your signature (15mm spacer)

thanks for that ! I like the clean look. ! The spacers just filled the rears nicely !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts