Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I will be slowly in the market looking for a 2001 - 2003 Mercedes-Benz CL 600, so did some looking around and found this amazing listing:

2003 Used Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 at Motorcars Direct in Irvine, CA - Vehicle Details

My question is simple, but would appreciate some detailed answers, as I am completely new to custom rims:

1) What exact wheel is it? It looks exactly like the Brabus Monoblock VI that I think is used on the SLR, but it doesn't have the "B" logo, instead it has the MB logo, that's how far I got...
2) Is it chrome or polished? Most of the pictures make it look like it's chrome, but the last picture which is of the wheel itself makes it look like it's polished...
3) Where do I get it, and how much do these cost as a set?
4) What size tires would fit these, and how much would those cost as a set?

I'll probably have a bunch of more related questions, but the above would be a great start in my quest to get my dream CL 600. Any answers, comments and help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
E500Es
29,576 Posts
Hello everyone,

I will be slowly in the market looking for a 2001 - 2003 Mercedes-Benz CL 600, so did some looking around and found this amazing listing:

I'll probably have a bunch of more related questions, but the above would be a great start in my quest to get my dream CL 600. Any answers, comments and help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Not sure about the wheels but be very careful on the CL600. That year will most likely have oil leaks in both the upper part of the motor around the heads/intake area and the rear mains [that is expensive].

Also, it looks to me like there has been some paint work on the left side of the car. That door/fender color does not match up in two of the photographs.

Do NOT trust CarFax to insure that it does not have damage. Have an independent shop look at ALL the panels to make sure that there has not been damage.

A 600 is a really nice car if bought right but a real bitch if it has problems. Good luck.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
1) What exact wheel is it? It looks exactly like the Brabus Monoblock VI that I think is used on the SLR, but it doesn't have the "B" logo, instead it has the MB logo, that's how far I got... it is the Brabus wheel but with a Mercedes center cap but, it was not an OE wheel on the SLR

2) Is it chrome or polished? Most of the pictures make it look like it's chrome, but the last picture which is of the wheel itself makes it look like it's polished... machinie finish on the face and a polished lip

3) Where do I get it, and how much do these cost as a set? try BRABUS

4) What size tires would fit these, and how much would those cost as a set? see #3

answers in bold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts