Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 W210 E320, 1999 W163 ML430, 2002 W203 C240
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been calling around the U.S. looking for a good deal on tires for my ML (found a place). But then I wasn't sure of which tire was the best tire for the handling, weight, traction, thread life, and price. My ML came with brabus mods so I got smart and called them to ask. The recommended 3 different tires and sizes for me due to my wheel size. first was the Pirelli-P-Zero-Rosso-Asym because I live in California they said this is the perfect all season tire for the ML. Next is the Pirelli-Scorpion-Zero-Assimetrico and they said this is the perfect summer tire for the ML. Next up is the Michelin 4x4 Diamaris which is also a perfect summer tire. The tech concluded that all other brands have been tested by brabus and not to buy them.

How much did I pay for my tires you ask? I paid $200 a piece for the Pirelli Rosso Asym 285/45/19. I called around and had Discount Tires price match the Discounted Tire Warehouse price which I had found online. Wow!

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
brabus have deals with pirelli and yokohama (at least this is stated on their website). but i guess you could use any quality tyre since the speeds we drive our MLs are not anywhere critical for the most tyre mfgs out there.

after using dunlop sp9000 for almost a year now, the only thing i don't like them for is their 'beefy' fat look.. it was bugging me until i finally bought a set of fender flares to hide them!! now i don't care of them being too fat and would probably buy them again :)

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
MJ50 said:
general, kumho and yokohoma are prolly the best u can buy for the money...
Do you mean cheapest? Cause I have never read that they are the "best" unless talking about price.. General and Kumho specifically.

·
Registered
1997 W210 E320, 1999 W163 ML430, 2002 W203 C240
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brabus was selling the same tires I bought for $400 per tire, not to metion the install plus valve stem install. As far as performance and tire quality I did my home work on the tires out on the market and the Pirelli-Rosso and Pirelli-Pzero where at the top of the tire pole. Go to tire tack and they have a compare option to choose the best tire for your needs. As far sa price I have always learned that you get what you pay for unless you know someone who can give you a great deal on a quality product. Brabus is known for using great products and so I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a deal with some major quality brands in order to keep their costs down. Brabus has been around for a long time and I don't think they would sacrifice their good name by using low quality products. I found out my Ml's suspension was moded out by them too and so if they tell me to stick to a tire thats what I'm going to do for my safety and other drivers on the road safety. I'm sure there is many tire brands out there that come close but like I said if you compare them they fall flat so don't risk your safety over a few dollars or euros. Thats just my advice but to each his own.

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
the pirelli rosso's are great tires...p-zeros are dope tires for cars but dont know about the truck...the rossos last rreal long

·
Registered
2001 ML320 W/ D2 Nav and XM Traffic, 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3
103 Posts
If you want the best cost vs. performance solution I would highly recommend the Avon Ranger I have had them for a few months and they are great. Handle well, quiet and appear to wear well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts