Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Which tire brand have you been happy with?

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Gyorgy 
#1 ·
My tire size is 195/65-15 for the 400E and I am wondering what would be a nice set of all weather shoes for ultimate comfort.

#3 ·
I replaced my 195/65-15 tires with 215/60-15 Michelin Hydroedge on my 260e. Had them for almost 2 1/2 years now. The ride is smooth and quiet with outstanding traction wet or dry. Paid $475 out the door for them (mounted & balanced).

#5 ·
I got Falken 195/65R/15 and an alignment. Cheap brand, but not the absolute cheapest. I rather pay for an alignment than give that money for slightly better tires. The difference will be bigger. Same thing on my 190E. I opted for mid-tier tires with alignment.

If I had the money I would take Michelin or Pireli. I will always go with stock recommendation for size. You have to ask yourself, are you ready to give $800-$1000 for tire change on a car that's worth X $? Safety comes first, but I've had no problems with mid-tier tires and they will still be better than current worn out ones.

#10 ·
I've run Generals, Kumhos, goodyear tripletreds, hankooks, michelins, pirellis, dunlops, continentals, etc on 124s

contis, michelins and pirellis maybe best for handling, grip etc, but no complaints whatsoever with most of the others. contis have some low rated versions which i discaarded at a loss and dunlops i tried but had premature out of round issue.

#12 ·
I had a new set of Continental Conti Pro Contact on my old 300E and they were quiet, comfortable and long wearing, not to mention stuck like glue to the road. I now have Bridgestone Potenza re960as Pole Position (I don't even know what that means) on my 400E. They came with the car when I bought it in January. They looked almost new then, and are wearing fast. They also feel really mushy, but maybe thats the V8 weight in the front. Anyway, I hate 'em. I am looking forward to a new set of Conti's.

#14 ·
I have had my coupe for 6 1/2 years and put about 105k miles on it. I have been super happy with Kumho Solus KH16 tires, I am on my third set. They are like Michelin MXVs and last about 30k miles. They cost a little over half of the Michelins...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.