Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 240D
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I tell which throttle bushing i need? i called the dealer and theres different types he said to look at my old one and check, but my old one is completely gone so i have no reference.

Is there a way to tell which one i have?
and where else can i buy one? the closest dealer is in monterey and im stayin away from that traffic this weekend.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
Well, the Dealer is supposed to be able to use your VIN Number or some of the other Numbers to look up the Proper part.
I don't know on 240Ds but there is at least 3 different versions of the linkages.

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts
Yep we need more information too!

You might be able to find a picture of what you need in the FSM chapter 30 - but like 300Dman says there are several versions.

As you look through the FSM you'll notice that the linkages are described in two general areas - by the mountings on the bulkhead and the linkage systems that fit on the engine.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
How do I tell which throttle bushing i need? i called the dealer and theres different types he said to look at my old one and check, but my old one is completely gone so i have no reference.

Is there a way to tell which one i have?
and where else can i buy one? the closest dealer is in monterey and im stayin away from that traffic this weekend.
The throttle linkage has several bushings. You need to provide more info.

Typically, there is a small plastic bushing behind the accelerator pedal. There is another at the firewall. There are also roller bushings on the linkages downstream, closer to the engine.

The pedal and firewall bushings are available through online stores or your dealer. The throttle linkage roller bushings *may* be available separately from your dealer, but only at your dealer. I have not seen these sold separately online.

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
As mentioned, there are a number of 'em, also different engine numbers.

Can you post a pic?

Have a helper step on the go pedal while you observe, some of these can have a hair line crack visible only when using the pedal.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts