Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a white 01' CLK430, I decided to drop it on H&R springs and get 19" wheels. I had my mind made up till I came accross a diff version of the St4's. Now I cant decide between regular silver w/ polished lip or the ALL POLISHED ones.. I would love to hear your opions!!! Thanks for your help in advance, here are some pics of the both..
Regular silver

and the polished ones

another pic of the polished ones on a clk

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I was going to say the set at the top until I saw the wheels on the car. They all look nice.
Are these from eBay? I think I saw this seller, with some LM1 style wheels. Which I need after my spouse carved my wheel up in a pothole last night and killed the driver's seat motor (depressing).

Are they the exact same as Frank's. His black CLK looks nice with this style, as does Brooklyn's. I think they look so classy, clean and sporty, especially if you look back at the chrome wheels they had before.

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea both rims are from Ebay, but from different sellers, the silver ones are $874 w/ shipping and the polished ones are $749 w/ shipping and they both are exactly the same as the ASA ST4's like brooklyn got, but the second pair are polished (more shiny)

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I think polished looks better. That is based only on the picture showing them on the car. If the picture featured the silver wheels, I'd likely say silver. They are not wheels I would ever think I'd like based on just the pictures, but everytime I see them mounted on a CLK, I absolutely love them. I considered them (when I saw them on eBay today), now that I have to replace my scratched 18, but chrome calls me. Silver would be so easy to care for, though.

The both will look great on your car (if it's Black or Silver, for sure).

chrome?

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a hard choice, the price's are really close, and i know the silver ones look really good because i seen them in real life on brooklyns clk

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/pics/123493121028825200473943PM.jpg

but the pictures with the rims on the cars dont justify much, cause they look the same. The CHROME ones are nice, but I just can't picture it on a white clk.... I was never really big on chrome unless i was to get like 24" wheels on a H2, thanks for your help, hope you find a replacement wheel at a good price!

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I thought you had a black CLK, so I imagined your ride looking hot like Frank's or this.

I wasn't recommending the chrome version, I just saw them when I did a search on eBay.

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I've seen White 430s on chrome, that were crazy hot. Even with last year's rims. For example:

I've also seen some not so hot white CLKs.

I look forward to seeing your "after" pics, good luck with the lowering and everything. You can't go wrong with the style you post above.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
that second picture doesn't look good without the staggered setup. try and get them staggered if possible.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i was looking to get the exact same rims, the only problem is that they are about anywhere from 5-10lbs heavier than original ones, so i was still debating ... but cost is quite large difference ... so keep us posted and see how the transaction goes and if it goes well then i'll get them or something similar from the same place.

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Lorinser's my lil homie. He works for the same company that i work for but he's in the PA office that I used to be in before moving to NY. Bro, deffinately go with the ASA ST4's and I'd suggest getting the same ones I got. I'm not too hot on chrome w/white. I think the silver will look better.

Some of you have seen the pics of his sisters car. Crazy shit and she's lucky as hell she's ok. It's funny, she also worked at the PA office and when I got my clk I had the sickest car in the lot. A couple days later she rolls up with the clk55 that mommy and daddy bought her. Can you imagine how pissed I was? I remember the guys at the office used to always say that it was too much car for her. i guess we were right. Thank god she's alright. Would be a shame for a good piece of ass like that to get hurt, hahaha. Sorry Art, sure you heard how I got her the job though. [:p]

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for your help brooklyn, TireRack didnt wana sell me the ST4's in 19 inch cause they said they been having too many complaints, thats bull s***ttt!! so they told me they could duplicate your order and just change it to my name and address, so im gettin them in like 2 weeks they out of stock, $2,195.35 w/ perilli p zeros, which is really expensive compared to ebay, but hey i trust tirerack more wit my money.. how much u pay for your springs??? and where?????

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
I found the springs on ebay from some seller who sold them all the time. It's been so long that I cant really remember the cost. I wanna say like $250 but I could be wrong. I'm sure you've read on the boards about spring pads. I didn't get any and you've seen how mine sits. I would install just the springs first and then if you wanna even it out more, get the pads. I paid around the same thing for the wheels and rims. Technically you're not paying too much more for the wheels. On ebay they're like $500 or so and from tirerack I think it comes out to $1000. Add the cost of the P Zero's and it's a difference of $1500 and $2000. I would rather get the real, reliable product from tirerack than from some shmo on ebay. $500 is worth the piece of mind in my book anyday.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
brooklyn is one case out of like 60 who didn't change the pads and has an even nice drop.. i'd get the alternating pads the linh suggets since he's a genius when it comes to this shit..

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Their not too much at all I don't think. If I'm not mistaken, you can get the pads direct from MB.

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BrooklynCLK - 3/9/2005 1:50 PM

Their not too much at all I don't think. If I'm not mistaken, you can get the pads direct from MB.
Im just gona dropp it on the H&R's for now, if nething ill get the pads later, I'm also thinkkin of gettin my clipers re-done, cause they look all rusty, was thinking like a nice black color

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
I'll be back in Philly on Wednesday afternoon bro. Back when I got my H&R's I also bought special break caliper paint. I got it in red but go figure, never took the time to take the car in and get them painted. I'll give it to you if you want red.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts