Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2009 S550 (NOT AMG) DUAL MUFFLER TIPS & SUITABLE DIFFUSER

How do i remove the current muffler tips because it's welded and not on the screws.
ALSO, WHICH REAR DIFFUSER DO I NEED FOR 2009 S550 (W221) TO FIT THE NEW DUAL TIPS

·
Registered
8 Posts
2009 S550 4 MATIC (W221) (NOT AMG)

WHICH REAR DIFFUSER DO I NEED FOR 2009 S550 4 MATIC TO FIT THE NEW DUAL TIPS.
ALSO, How do i remove the current muffler tips because it's welded and not on the screws.

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
8,452 Posts
So are you talking quad tips overall? Two on each side? Or just a single outlet on either side?

If you've got quads, this may be what you want. Duraflex® 107791 - Eros Version 1 Style Rear Lip Under Spoiler Air Dam

Also, since they're welded on, you'll have to cut off the old ones and weld on the new ones. You could always swage the pipe you cut and fit the new tips into it (assuming the OD of the existing pipe and the tips match) and then clamp it down with a u-bolts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
WHICH REAR DIFFUSER DO I NEED FOR 2009 S550 4 MATIC TO FIT THE NEW DUAL TIPS on BOTH LEFT SIDE & RIGHT SIDE. A spare parts guy gave me S63 Diffuser and the clips are in different distance than the holes on the bumper.
ALSO, How do i remove the current muffler tips because it's welded and not on the screws.

·
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
8,452 Posts
Then you'll want what I linked -- that allows for dual tips on either side.

And to answer your question on removing the factory tips, again, you need to get them off and weld the new tips on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello there again. Thanks again for your help. I have one more question I guess you may be able to help me with...
Do you know from where I can get the right fit dual muffler tips to fit with that lips I am buying from Car-Id

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello there again. Thanks again for your help. I have one more question I guess you may be able to help me with...
Do you know from where I can get the right fit dual muffler tips to fit with that Duraflex® 107791 - Eros Version 1 Style Rear Lip Under Spoiler Air Dam I am buying from Car-Id

·
8,452 Posts
Do you know from where I can get the right fit dual muffler tips to fit with that Duraflex® 107791 - Eros Version 1 Style Rear Lip Under Spoiler Air Dam I am buying from Car-Id
It's a matter of preference, but they need to fit the new diffuser.

Take a look here and see if anything strikes your fancy: Exhaust Tips | Jegs.com

You'll need to verify the OD of your exhaust tubing and then select appropriate tips to either be welded on, or swaged and clamped down onto the pipe.

You'll want to check measurements carefully, because you'd rather not have to cut or modify your diffuser to fit the new tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I USED THE LINK which you have provided of the car-id TO BUY BOTH THE LIPS AND THE DUAL MUFFLER TIPS NONE OF THEN FIT INTO MY CAR. NOW I LOST $400 AND HOPE I WILL GET A REFUND FOR THE REST. CAR-ID PEOPLE SHIPPED ME LIPS VIA EXTREME DIMENSIONS INC AND THE EXTREME DIMENSIONS INC PEOPLE SEND ME THE DAMAGED PRODUCT AND NOW THEY DO NOT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THEY SHIPPED ME THE DAMAGED PRODUCT AND REFUSING TO REFUND MY MONEY. SO BOTH PARTS YOU SUGGESTED VIA CAR-ID DOESN'T FIT WITH MY CAR actually I need the defuser NOT the lips under and I need the right shape dual muffler tips. DO NOT KNOW WHO WILL GIVE ME THE RIGHT INFORMATION. SO FAR LOST $400 WITH THE LINK YOU HAVE PROVIDED.

·
8,452 Posts
The rear diffuser/splitter, whatever you choose to call it is essentially a "lip".

Also, I never linked exhaust tips from Car-ID. That cost would have been around $300 or so with shipping -- less than the $400 you apparently lost. Considering that you said you hope you get the "rest" back, what else did you purchase? Only ONE (1) link was provided for you initially.

I provided the link to Jegs for exhaust parts well within the last 24 hours, and there's no way you could have had anything shipped and arrive same-day.

You'll also note I used the word "MAY"; you gave very nebulous details on what your vehicle actually is. A 2009 S550 4Matic could have the AMG body style, or sport body style instead of the luxury body style. You never specified.

If you also read the "Vehicle Fitment" section, you would have read that it does not fit with either of those two kits; you seemed savvy enough to know what your car is and do the duediligence required to purchase the correct parts.

I've never had an issue returning ANYTHING to Car-ID in the past, be it a broken item or something I didn't want afterall.

How about you post a picture of your vehicle, and cut back on the caps. Your posts are incredibly hard to read.

·
Registered
95 S500, 07 S550 AMG
791 Posts
Paulvargh is a BOT.

You can tell this user is not comprehensive and claims to have ordered a diffuser yet replies it was a bad product literally two days after..Which means no only the product arrived within two days but he had time to install it including the tips which most likely require welding.
Then within these two days, he has apparently returned this stuff back and the seller has received it yet they won't reimburse the money because the product was damaged?

Who are you kidding. In two days you have picked up, installed and returned this items WTF?

On top of all...this thread has reached over 1600 VIEWS , yet it only had one reply in 2009 and only 12 other replies in May, 2016. The boot keeps refreshing the page for a reply and probably fishing for links and email addresses.

MODS ban this user.

·
8,452 Posts
Paulvargh is a BOT.

You can tell this user is not comprehensive and claims to have ordered a diffuser yet replies it was a bad product literally two days after..Which means no only the product arrived within two days but he had time to install it including the tips which most likely require welding.
Then within these two days, he has apparently returned this stuff back and the seller has received it yet they won't reimburse the money because the product was damaged?

Who are you kidding. In two days you have picked up, installed and returned this items WTF?

On top of all...this thread has reached over 1600 VIEWS , yet it only had one reply in 2009 and only 12 other replies in May, 2016. The boot keeps refreshing the page for a reply and probably fishing for links and email addresses.

MODS ban this user.
I've been suspecting this for a while, but we do have users on the boards who are technologically challenged and don't always do well on forums. Was giving "it" the benefit of the doubt, but that last correspondence made no sense.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,912 Posts
+1 on VaiFanatic's response at post 14. Bot or not, paulvargh is trying to blame others for his own shortcomings as identified in that post - and shouting about it at the same time. :bash:

Not the way to resolve problems. :nono:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts