Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1986 300SE
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of you purchase parts and supplies online. Who can I trust? Is there any merchant that I should stay away from?

Thanks

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
I have been using thebenzbin.com for years to buy parts for my 126, 163 and 202. I have never had a problem. Lower prices than the dealer and OEM parts...

·
Registered
500 SE (1989), 304,000 km.
659 Posts
Hey Carolina,

I've bought from www.autohausaz.com in the past. The store's based in Phoenix, AZ. They've given very good price deals, particularly at sales times, such as in December '05 when I purchased a cruise control actuator from them. Other forum folk here have also been happy with their purchases from them. Not sure about net merchants to avoid, but more replies are sure to follow from the rest of the BW forum.

RS ;)

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
44,534 Posts
I had good experiences with autohausaz as well. Great prices, reliable, and free shipping in the U.S. on orders over $ 50. Cheerio, Teutone (aka Horst K)

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,950 Posts
Autohauz AZ is good. I posted this on the main forum as well, but Pelicanparts is now selling mercedes parts. I have bought porsche parts from them before. They are good to deal with as well.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
As a shameless plug I do help a few people out here and there.. No online catalog but I'll only sell bits that I'd install on my cars...plus, if you happen to have a problem while doing the work my cell is always on:)

Jonathan

·
Registered
Smoke Silver '87 560SEC, Black Pearl '87 560SEL
4,587 Posts
Randy Steele, Rusty Cullens, and our own Jonathan are just fine.

Find one you like and primarily use that vendor in order to acquire a relationship. That relationship is as important as the parts - will they help you, will they go the extra length to get you that part you HAVE to have this weekend, do they know what they're talking about, etc. etc.

·
Registered
89 300SE
357 Posts
I've had good experience purchasing from AutoHauz.

I've also had an excellent experience dealing with Jonathan. Even if you have to pay a bit more, to me the relationship and technical advice are worth a premium.

·
Registered
1991 300SE
1,435 Posts
Rollingstone said:
Hey Carolina,

I've bought from www.autohausaz.com in the past. The store's based in Phoenix, AZ. They've given very good price deals, particularly at sales times, such as in December '05 when I purchased a cruise control actuator from them. Other forum folk here have also been happy with their purchases from them. Not sure about net merchants to avoid, but more replies are sure to follow from the rest of the BW forum.

RS ;)
I second that. AutohausAZ.com is awesome! :)

·
Registered
1986 300SDL 311,500
287 Posts
Autopartswarehouse.com is pretty good from my experience. Free shipping over $50, OEM stuff, and seemingly knowledgeable people the one time we've called.

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
613 Posts
jhodg5ck said:
As a shameless plug I do help a few people out here and there.. No online catalog but I'll only sell bits that I'd install on my cars...plus, if you happen to have a problem while doing the work my cell is always on:)

Jonathan
Jonathan adds that personal touch. I will keep coming back!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts