Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to get motor mount for my car. E320 2000 through Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips but I am giving two different motor mounts. Which one is the right one for my car?

Here are the part numbers:

1) 2102401817
Sachs-Boge/Lemfoerder
Engine/Motor Mount; Left Side
2000 Mercedes E320

2) 2289901
Lemfoerder
Engine/Motor Mount; Left/Right
2000 Mercedes E320

3) 2540601
Lemfoerder
Engine/Motor Mount; Right
2000 Mercedes E320

Can I buy just 2 or buy 1&3?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
If you don't have a 4matic, you want the ones that are the same part number, interchangeable for either side.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Well, I don't work for them, so I can't tell you which one to order as I'm not in charge of their parts catalog and that 2289901 isn't an MB part number (it's internal to the autohaus catalog).

If you want to be 100% correct, look it up in the EPC using your VIN and then search the PN using their search function, or call autohaus with your VIN so they can verify it.

I'd hate to just say "sure, order that one" and have you end up with a wrong part.

Good luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
In my opinion I would use 2289901 on the passenger's side and 2540601 with the shield on the driver's side. The shield keeps fuel and oil off the motor mount so it won't rot and isn't required on the passenger's side.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion I would use 2289901 on the passenger's side and 2540601 with the shield on the driver's side. The shield keeps fuel and oil off the motor mount so it won't rot and isn't required on the passenger's side.
Thanks but I called both MB dealer and the seller and they both confirm the right one is the 2289901 part for both sides.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Why would you get more fuel and oil on one side than the other? If the leak is so bad that it's getting to the motor mount, you have other issues, no? :rolleyes: IIRC the shield is actually for heat, which is due to the different exhaust design on the 4Matic that routes it closer to the mount on Bank 2.

What kills these things isn't stuff dripping on them, anyway...it's the stuff inside leaking out. Heat could certainly play a factor in that, but in the non 4Matic, it's the same on both sides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts