Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hows the fit of this badge from e-bay? is this even the real one i thought it had some color.

Classic:

Other recommendations would be greatly appricated. On a black car.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,465 Posts
I too have been looking for a different badge to the normal. I also have a black car and think it would be good to get a black style badge, like the Brabus or Hartge.

PS can you post the link on where you saw these on the net to buy, as I cant find them anywhere ?

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too have been looking for a different badge to the normal. I also have a black car and think it would be good to get a black style badge, like the Brabus or Hartge.

PS can you post the link on where you saw these on the net to buy, as I cant find them anywhere ?
Mercedes Benz Brabus Hood & Trunk emblem

Leaning towards the Carlsson one since i will be getting the bumper. Or the one from ebay but unsure of how clean it fits.

·
Registered
Mercedes 500E & CLK32K
511 Posts
Hartge? Your joking right? A BMW emblem on a Mercedes?

If your car is a AMG, stick to AMG, if you don't have any of the other parts on your car (e.g. Lorinser, Brabus) then your posing, you would be better off with just the flat MB emblem in that case.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Hartge? Your joking right? A BMW emblem on a Mercedes?

If your car is a AMG, stick to AMG, if you don't have any of the other parts on your car (e.g. Lorinser, Brabus) then your posing, you would be better off with just the flat MB emblem in that case.
mmmm, yeah. I think I'm with you on that one.

I have the one in the 2nd picture - the classic MB one.

It has a flat contact surface on the outer edge and bolts snuggly against the bonnet.

My advice is to take your time when fitting it (or one similar). tighten the bolt slowly, adjusting the badge so it's straight between thread turns. This will ensure that it is straight when you have finished tightening the bolt - turning it to get it straight AFTER tightening the bolt will obviously risk scratching the paint surface.

I would also recommend thoroughly waxing the bodywork that will be hidden by the new badge. It's peace of mind to know that this area of bodywork is well protected because the chances are, you won't be seeing it for a long time!

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts