Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if I could be helped.
In fact I would like to get an extended warranty on a CL 600 2004 but I do not know which one to choose.
The coverage is sometimes vague and the most important for me is to have the ABC and suspension covered.
I found a company who covered this, their name is Fidelity warranty services but you can't get it directly. You have to go thru a dealer and unfortunately the only dealer in my area who propose this extended warranty is Rolls Royce and their prices are outerageous.
I hope somebody will be able to direct me with the best extended warranty.
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely
Stephane

·
Surely A Large Human
MB Regretmobile
35,725 Posts
I've had some very good recent experiences with an extended warranty administered by Prizm Administrative Solutions.

Total(Consumer)

I have the Supreme plan on my SLK32, which covers everything that doesn't wear out (think brakes, hoses/belts, rubber stuff). They just took care of about $2,500 worth of service items, and my dealer had no issues working with them. I have a $50 deductible; covered my car for 48 months / 48,000 miles beyond ODO reading at date of purchase (used). It wasn't "cheap", but it's already paid for itself.

·
Registered
2005 SL500
32 Posts
I had some good experience

I picked one up a warranty when I recently bought my 05 CL65. 70K additional miles, 5 yrs, $100 deduct was $2995 - I don't sell them, I simply just bought one when i did my research. It is transferable one time for $50 to any future owner.
I thought it was worth it...anything fixed will be high. An alternator replacement i understand is $1200 or so.
Lots of information at XXXXXXX there are lots of links that show all that is covered. Everything is covered except trim, wear items, glass, etc, . Suspension, shocks, even amg's.. message me for the link and info...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello My1stMBenz

What is your warranty company name and because it seems very interesting

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to provide an update to evrybody, after doing my research, there are 2 companies who provide good coverage with an acceptable price.
AAA provide warranties for CL600 and I have by writing that ABC issue is covered.
I am waiting for another quote and coverage info.
Whe I will get it I will provide the information of the other company

·
Registered
2001 CL 500; 2005 911 TurboS convertible
16 Posts
I went with carchex, they offered a bumper to bumper
3yrs for 4,500 USD

·
Registered
2002 cl55 amg
7 Posts
Hello My1stMBenz,

I would also be interested in finding out about what warranty company you have on your Benz as I have a 2002 CL55 AMG & am also looking. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 SL500
32 Posts
The chrysler service contract was through a guy that has to sell essentially through a dealer since it is factory approved. Covers all electrical and mechanical. Just not brake pads\rotors and exterior trim. 2995 gets you 5 extra years and extra 70K miles. I have an 05 with 39k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I found a company who covered this, their name is Fidelity warranty services but you can't get it directly...
Mine is with Fidelity and so far so good. I bought it from my MB dealer and it has already paid for half of itself in repairs. Their list price is high, but I got a substantial discount so I know that's possible. If your car qualifies (less than 80,000 in my case) get the Platinum plan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So does Chrysler still sell contracts for MB's? I loved the DaimlerChrysler Service Contract I had on my 2002 ML. Now I have a 06 and wanted to go w/ them again but can't get a response by email or phone. Assumed they no longer are offering these for MBs....

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
As with any aftermarket warranty do a simple google search of the company name to help weed out the bead guys from the good. Lots of shady operations out there and many are known to stalk the car forums looking to boost their name artificially with false posts, so trust members you know.

·
Registered
2005 SL500
32 Posts
Warranty on my CL65

Chrysler still sells them. I had a check engine light code, tpms code, vacuum box (that does the seat lumbar) code, aux water pump (for intercoolers) code and a bad rear ash tray assembly...lol. No smoking in the car of course.
MB checked the codes while driving it and it threw a few codes i was unaware of. Everything added up to over $6500. Warranty covered everything no problems. New coils, wheel sensors, tpms module, vacuum box, auxiliary cooling pump. Warranty cost me $2995 for 5 yrs\70K miles. Purchased warranty in April when i bought the car. I had the plugs replaced at my cost for the parts (wholesale), but no labor since they were replacing the coils anyway.

Can't say enough good about the warranty. Michael was easy to work with. Chrysler Service Contracts.

PM me and i'll give you his info. He has a website with all the details. The warranty is MB approved.

·
Registered
2003 CL600
149 Posts
I just had a week long battle with my extended warranty. Long story short, After a year of service I got my money refunded and the dealership i bought the car from put the money towards the best warranty they offer and paid the difference. They are also paying for all my repairs on my current claim (ABC). Basically you must get a exclusionary warranty and not an inclusionary warranty. I would have to scan the paper work in to show u. You need one that tells you what is not covered and thats all. On a W215.....Never one that tells you what is covered, you will be screwed...these cars have too many components.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts