Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just found this place - stuffed full of info looks to be a good forum :)

Can any one hely with me 2001 clk 200K. the engine light keeps coming on after it is reset so i can afford to keep going to the dealer and i want a code reader to do it myself.

the error is something to do with altitude but cant remember so would liek to read it myself etc.

I got a scanner from ebay for 'C class' but it does not work on my car, powers on but just says 'err'

CODE READER - MERCEDES C CLASS C200 CLK55 CLK200 +MORE on eBay, also, Diagnostic Tools Equipment, Garage Equipment Tools, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Feb-08 23:27:17 GMT)

can anyone tell me:-

1. should i be using the 38 pin plug in the engin bay instead of teh plug in the car? - do i need an adapter.

2. should i have got the reader for 'E & S class' instead fo 'C class'

any other ideas? Got to get this sorted as the car is rubbish in limp mode does poor gas milage and is very slow :crybaby2:

Thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manuals Unlimited sells what appears to be the same code reader. No adapter is needed and it plugs into the port in the car. Sounds like the E-Bay model is defective.
Thanks for the reply Marcus, I am guessing i was correct with buying the unit for a C class? I have ordered the adapter anyway since it was only 10 pounds and i will give it a chance. If i does not work i will be contacting the seller to return the unit or raising a dispute with paypal!

If i do need a new scanner do you think i would be better going for a cable that connects to my laptop?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the reader does not work even with the adapter to allow it to connect to the engine bay plug. Is there any chance that my UK spec 200k is not obd2 compatible? It was not the law hear untill around 2000/2001 but i would have thourght that Merc would have gone down that path a way back to be in order to be teh same as the US spec cars where i believe that it was law from 1996.

any ideas would be cool guys.

Thanks. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts