Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about importing a CLK 200K, 230K or 320.

Which do you personally think I should get? It has to cost around 14000 EU (About 80% can be added to that when it enter's the country).

Could you try and bring out some arguements? Fuel economy and such?

Also, where can I see details on these 3 cars? I couldn't find anything about the 230K on carfolio.com

Thanks

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
most of us have no clue when it come to euro models, hope someone can answer your questions

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
You will have to convert the vehicle to meet US specs. By the time you are done, you're probably better off getting an american version and customizing it.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Many of our friends (wife is foreign) come here, buy cars and ship them back to Europe in containers. They are (or were) uninspected for the most part, and you could do the opposite. But at some point, you would have to pass an emissions test. Curious, why import? is it cheaper or is the quality better? I've heard of high end Italian cars being shipped to Canada, retrofitted to Canadian standards, then driven into the States.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
theres a bunch of euro members over on m b w o r l d that could help shed some light on this if you post this question over there. maybe you could find a clk with parktronic over there, lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's cheaper [:)]

I come from Iceland, and here people usually sell cars for pumped up prices. Since the Icelandic Króna stands pretty well with the Euro and USD at the moment, it's much cheaper to import a Mercedes-Benz from Germany than to buy it here.

Oh, and Germany and Iceland both have the same emission standards (euro), so no worries about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts