Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 2006 MB clk cab and I want to replace my factory cd player with an after market in-dash navigation. I heard they're hard to come by b/c MB audio system is fiber optic.

Does anybody know if there is a plug-n-play in-dash nav system out there that will work for my car. which in-dash nav systems are the best for MBs??

Thanks

·
Registered
2010 GLK350 2003 CLK500 (sold) 99SLK230 (sold)
78 Posts
I can't speak specifically for the 06 CLK but my 99SLK had the optical connections as well. Basically you are replacing the head unit which in turn replaces the whole system. I swapped mine for an Alpine with the flip out screen and then hooked up the seperate Alpine nav and cd changer.

You model shouldn't be much different in that you will be ultimately be replacing everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the reply. All that sound pretty expensive!!

Were they able to hook-up your steering wheel controls??

·
Registered
2005 CLK500 Cabrio
44 Posts
Its not worth it in the long run. Buy an iphone with GPS or a portable unit. The factory look is priceless and you're better off selling your car and buying a new one with COMAND because you're going to spend thousands trying to make this work. One of my buddies did this and gave up halfway and sold the car haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
All,

I have a 2006 MB clk cab and I want to replace my factory cd player with an after market in-dash navigation. I heard they're hard to come by b/c MB audio system is fiber optic.

Does anybody know if there is a plug-n-play in-dash nav system out there that will work for my car. which in-dash nav systems are the best for MBs??

Thanks
yep you will have to change out basically everything if you wanna go with aftermarket nag....i have a OEM w209 nag that will plug and play for sale if you interested....email me at [email protected]....i have pics if interested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts