Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which 17'/18' wheels are the lightest?(for W202 C280) I currently have the Monoblock 17'<br>
(identical to the C43's) I didn't realize how<br>
heavy they were until I bought them.(from the<br>
Tire Rack) Compared to the factory 15' 8-hole<br>
wheels, the 17' Monoblocks are HEAVY... Are there any lighter 17'/18' wheels for the C280?<br>
How about the new AMG C32/SLK32 double-spoke<br>
17' wheels? Are they lightweight?<br>
<br>
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, possible to get run-flats for C280?

I'm doing a full-blown stereo install. If I<br> can get run-flats and leave the spare at home,<br> I'd have a lot more space in the trunk to work<br> with...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Which 17

There are many wheels which are lighter than AMG's I would suggest the you narrow the selection down abit. Try looking at my web site to thin the field. As far as a run-flat tire there is a Goodyear Eagle GS-D EMT tire in a 225/45-17 that would work. I am not a big fan of that tire due to the excessive noise that it creates but, it would work.I have 2 very large PPI amps and 3 10' dual voice coil free-air subs mounted in the trunk of my daily driven convertible, which is a 95 Olds Cutlass Supreme, and still have room for my golf clubs. Keep the spare tire where it is and use compact components and professional installation techniques and you should have no space problems at all<br> Luke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts