Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 500SL 37k,90 300SE sold, 91 300E sold , 92 300E137k ,02 Kia Sedona ,I know..... its a Mini van.
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know why the USPS is going bankrupt! I bought a manual and climate control unit on ebay last month and still waiting on snail mail! ups and fedex hell within one week. they should take over the post office in the USA!:crybaby2:

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,891 Posts
How do you know it is not the seller?
I ordered parts from bma couple weeks ago and UPS put the package on my driveway 48 hr later. That with free shipping.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 1988 300TE
5,427 Posts
USPS is going bankrupt due to the bloated employee benefits packages it has accumulated over the years that account for an insane amount of their expenditures (I heard its somewhere around 75%!!! Some stupid number). I for one am glad its finally going down.

Unions are the worst too.

Although I do agree it will suck if they decide to cut Saturday mail. Its just an added growth and employment at Fedex/UPS so get your stuff shipped with them instead.

·
Registered
91 500SL 37k,90 300SE sold, 91 300E sold , 92 300E137k ,02 Kia Sedona ,I know..... its a Mini van.
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea if I had the option! some of those sellers don't offer it:mad:

·
Banned
a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo.
14,116 Posts
USPS is going bankrupt due to the bloated employee benefits packages it has accumulated over the years that account for an insane amount of their expenditures (I heard its somewhere around 75%!!! Some stupid number). I for one am glad its finally going down.

Unions are the worst too.

Although I do agree it will suck if they decide to cut Saturday mail. Its just an added growth and employment at Fedex/UPS so get your stuff shipped with them instead.
problem is, even if USPS were to close their doors today and stop accruing new unfunded pension and benefits liabilities, WE would still end up paying the debt owed.

·
Registered
Trek 520
3,407 Posts
Maybe some folks should read about how the USPS losses are tied to how their retirement funding has been mandated by Congress, maybe you'd learn Congress has fucked the USPS over, and now Rush lamebrain fans repeat false facts.

I just shipped a camera from Va to NC, not a huge distance, $35 bucks, two day service, insured for $3,000, signature required.

Complain about the USPS, but get your facts right.

Recently, U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop, an Albany Democrat, signed a letter with 81 other members of Congress that echoed this argument.

"The Postal Service would still have positive net revenue today except for the requirement that it prefund 100% of employee retirement and retirement health costs, a requirement that Congress imposed on it in 2006," it said.

PolitiFact Georgia | Bishop signs letter saying post office faces big pension burden

·
Registered
'74 & '78 450 SEL
9,133 Posts
Maybe some folks should read about how the USPS losses are tied to how their retirement funding has been mandated by Congress, maybe you'd learn Congress has fucked the USPS over, and now Rush lamebrain fans repeat false facts.

I just shipped a camera from Va to NC, not a huge distance, $35 bucks, two day service, insured for $3,000, signature required.

Complain about the USPS, but get your facts right.

Recently, U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop, an Albany Democrat, signed a letter with 81 other members of Congress that echoed this argument.

"The Postal Service would still have positive net revenue today except for the requirement that it prefund 100% of employee retirement and retirement health costs, a requirement that Congress imposed on it in 2006," it said.

PolitiFact Georgia | Bishop signs letter saying post office faces big pension burden

This is exactly why public employees should not be allowed collective bargaining. The American Postal Workers Union (APWU) isn't bargaining against some corporate managers who are pulling for maximum profits for themselves. They're bargaining against the taxpayers and Congress is "representing" the taxpayers. This makes it a lot easier for members of Congress to vote for excessively generous benefit plans that are even pre-funded. After all, it ain't their money they're spending.

And if they knowingly agree to a scheme that will eventually result in a bankrupt Post Office, the chances are slim they'll be the ones who get blamed when the shit hits the fan. Just look at how Congress wrote new laws to dictate certain practices of the banking, investment and mortgage industry a decade ago which has inevitably resulted in the meltdown of the housing market and the loss of trillions of dollars from the bank accounts of ordinary Americans. Is the public banging on the halls of Congress demanding they resign? Shit, no! They are demanding Congress write even more laws to dictate the activities of the banking industry.

·
Registered
Trek 520
3,407 Posts
Bot, you write very thoughtful intelligent posts, but this wasn't one of them.

The retirement funding provisions were imposed by Congress. The USPS is being required to fund it's retirement system that defies the laws of any good business practice.

This is a requirement of Congress, what would you say if it applied to Boeing?or Chrysler?

·
Registered
zero
19,471 Posts
Did the seller provide a tracking #

·
Registered
71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
6,234 Posts
I ordered 3 phones on Tuesday one was shipped FEDX the other two USPS all three arrived today within 2 hours of each other..

Now the book that I received last week was sent USPS and when I got it the packaging was opened. I did get it on time though..

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,416 Posts
No tracking number? Only one reason I can think of for that, and it has nothing to do with USPS, who we use regularly with fine results.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my CC unit tonight,waiting on manual ,its all good! my faith is restored :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts