Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

721 - 728 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Unimog 406 was VF3 Snowcutter
160 Posts
Lost in the Sierra Nevada Mt. range, it was all the y's, muddy, snowy, rainy, sunny.

tn_IMG_0776.JPG

tn_IMG_0771.JPG

tn_IMG_0768.JPG

tn_IMG_0779.JPG

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,014 Posts
Yes, yes they are, pretty much standard on every school bus, fuel oil delivery fire truck and ambulance in areas where winter is real.

And they were optional on U500NA for winter operation.

Reactions: yarr

·
Registered
1963 Unimog 404
106 Posts
That RotoGrip is pretty cool. Simple design. The commercial is garbage though. The first 60 seconds was random with no info. The whole could have been summed up in a 15 second clip. Love the music though. That’s my jamm!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well it isn't Argentina, but, it was camping in California. Frenchman Reservoir is really nice this time of year....fall colors,cold and no drunks. Our maiden voyage in the new trailer.
Chas
Sorry to dig up an old post but I'm curious, was the mog the tow vehicle here? If so how did it do?

·
Registered
1991 1250L Doka Unimog, 2002 ML320
1,339 Posts
Yes it was the tow vehicle. They do very well. The are slower than modern diesel hotrods but control the weight much better. My upcoming plan is to use it to tow my toyhauler to Moab, wheel the mog and then tow the trailer home.....the plan. My Duramax tows faster and is far more powerful but Moab might be a stretch for it.
Chas

721 - 728 of 728 Posts