Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I enjoy in the summer is to back the SL out of the garage, put on the tunes, crack a beer and wash the SL. One or two neighbors always wander over to shoot the shit.

Well, I am happy to say, that I have sold my house and purchased a new one one block over.
New, more efficient, less taxes.
Unfortunately, the driveway will remain crushed gravel for the remainder of the year.

See where I'm going with this?

Where the Hell am I going to get my summertime wash the car fix?

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um. In the gravel driveway?
Wet crushed gravel is messy.

And I've been washing cars with cloth diapers since my '71 Nova SS was car showable.

·
Registered
1976 450 SL
1,210 Posts
Nobby, your more than welcome to bring it over to my garage and wash it inside in my wash bay, I'll even fire up the wood stove if its cold out.
I'll drink a beer with you and hang out while you clean.

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobby, your more than welcome to bring it over to my garage and wash it inside in my wash bay, I'll even fire up the wood stove if its cold out.
I'll drink a beer with you and hang out while you clean.
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about. I'm in.
Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Just don't do what I did once. I drove my 69 Chevelle to Austin and decided to wash it in my friends front yard. After shining it up, when I went to move it it sank in the wet ground and I had to dig it out. It wasn't too clean when I finished.
Congrats on the new house.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1973 450 SLC AMG, 1995 Chevy Tahoe
3,381 Posts
Congratulations on the house sale.
A good load of "item 4" gravel is fine for washing on (I did it for years) and the first step to paving.

·
Registered
1980 450 SL, 2016 E250 bluetec, 2005 CLK Convertible, 2014 ML250 Bluetec (wife's ride)
134 Posts
You can drive it to Cambridge in about 90 minutes, wash it in my asphalt driveway and I will have some cold ones here as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
How about a roll of astro-truff. Just roll it out for the wash and back up when it dries.

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,197 Posts
I would

If I were you, I would wash it on the hood, the trunk, the fenders, the doors and \bumpers and wheels.

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can drive it to Cambridge in about 90 minutes, wash it in my asphalt driveway and I will have some cold ones here as well.:thumbsup:
I'm in. Good reason for a drive.

Maybe I could just wash it on the street.

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was barely keeping my head above water. Now I can start to save.....maybe for Nobbypalooza 2009.......maybe for kidz college...............tough call.............

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crushed gravel driveway?????..........sounds very strange to someone in California. But then again having the "Terminator" running the business for the "golden state" took some getting used to as well.

Best regards and good luck in the home!

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crushed gravel driveway?????..........sounds very strange to someone in California. But then again having the "Terminator" running the business for the "golden state" took some getting used to as well.

Best regards and good luck in the home!
Thanks.
Crushed gravel is covering 3/4 gravel. Precursor to asphalt paving. Here in the wintery north one must let things settle and get packed down before paving to lessen the chances of heaving during freezing and thaw.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts