Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon MB people, what a great site full of info, I have so many questions but am trying to learn by reading as much as I can at first. I have an opportunity to purchase a 97 E320 that is a one owner well taken care of vehicle, that will get me started in the MB world. Where do I start, I mean if I do purchase the MB, where do I start to go thru it and tweak it right? I don't mind spinning wrenches, but I realize that MB's are unlike any other machine. Overwhelmed to say the least, but I want to show pride in my older but new to me MB. Thanks to cap'n Jasper for getting me started in the right forum.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
First of all, don't be overwhelmed. When you start taking the car apart, you find that your wrenches work the same on it.

·
Registered
98 e320
85 Posts
Many w210 owners with the I-6(as opposed to the V6) swear by that engine. I considered both engines, and ended up with the V6('98-forward). It's silky smooth and packs plenty of power and torque. Big debate on whether or not to go with K&N filter. I have never had any problems, and do feel a butt dyno HP increase. I also installed a Supersprint exhaust(yes, the one from my e34 BMW welded on with very little modification, and costs $400) with resonator removed. Some say exhaust doesn't help, but my butt dyno says it does....most importantly, it looks awesome, and sounds more beastly with no drone in the cockpit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts